GamesTM - Issue 42 Review Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GamesTM - Issue 42 Review Scores

Another great issue... Glad to see IP haven't forced any changes on the title (yet).

Review scores:
    Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter (360/Multi) - 9/10
    24: The Game (PS2) - 5/10
    Sonic Riders (PS2/Multi) - 5/10
    Drakengard 2 (PS2) - 3/10
    Driver: Parallel Lines (Xbox/Multi) - 6/10
    Blazing Angels: Squadrons Of WWII (360/Multi) - 6/10
    Fight Night Round 3 (360) - 8/10
    Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) - 6/10
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence (PS2 - Import) - 6/10
    Mega Man: Powered Up (PSP) - 7/10
    Onimusha: Dawn Of Dreams (PS2) - 8/10
    Exit (PSP) - 7/10
    Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (Xbox/Multi) - 7/10
    Commandos Strike Force (Xbox/Multi) - 4/10
    The Outfit (360) - 5/10

I do have a bone to pick with this issue. In there Retro Top 100 they list Elite and describe the BBC one (rightly so) but then show a picture of the Speccie one. RetroGamer did this the other month too. Damn annoying as its rare the Beeb features in either of these magazines.

Comment

Ooh! Contraversy already - MGS3 Subsistance only gets a 6. I haven't got it (and never have got any of those MGS extra versions - I don't play the games enough to warrant buying it twice even with the extras) but I'm surprised at that only from the way people seem to be all over it.

Comment

I vented my anger on rllmuk -

"Of Course, i have not read the review but a 6 for Subsistence?

Why? why? why?

Most people would conceed that MGS3 is a game of excellence. I own subsistence and the main alteration to the singleplayer main game is the new camera, which has nothing but a positive effect.

When playing the game. you can switch instantaniously between the old and new camera to get a direct contrast. The new found spacial awareness with the new camera is incredible.

Who employs these ****ing retards.

Trying to belittle an excellent videogame for the sake of attention is pathetic.

get a real ****ing job.

And a 9 for GRAW is ****tarded. It's a great game but 9! Ubi seemed to have released an incomplete build with all the bugs and glitches present. SERIOUS bugs that are detrimental to the overall game experience and as a result it is far from near perfect. These bugs should not be tolerated and if we pretend to be merrily oblivious to their presence then developers will continue to skimp on their QA policies ."

mm...my posts are often a bit harsh on rllmuk. That place annoys me
        Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 24-03-2006, 18:02.

Comment

Anybody received their subs copy yet?

Comment

not me

Comment

Nor me

Comment

I've only played the demo so it's perhaps a little unfair... but 5/10 seems a bit mean for The Outfit. It looked to be a pretty fun multi-player game to me.

And Ghost Recon, yes it's incredibly buggy, but it's also a strong game. 8/10 would be the right score for me.

Comment

GTM mentioned they are changing the style of the magazine, has it changed yet? I have stopped buying it, but will give it another chance if it shows improvement.

Comment

Mine arrived this morning.

Comment

Damn...I went out and bought it last week cause I figured I wouldn't get my sub copy. I need to go check the post.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                        GTM mentioned they are changing the style of the magazine, has it changed yet? I have stopped buying it, but will give it another chance if it shows improvement.
                        No, it hasn't changed yet. The features section is a definite improvement. It seems to be better researched and contains a clear flow throughout the article (as opposed to a combination of facts found on the Internet. Stand up #39's xbox 360 feature). GamesTM is (IMO) one of the best magazines of recent times and I will be disappointed if it changes for the worse.

Anyone bought the new-look IP-enhanced PLAY magazine?

Comment

What did they say about Commandos?

Comment

Metal Gear Sold: Subsistence was reviewed from the Japanese version, which is not online enabled in this country, and the score is the result of a recommendation to wait until the game is released in this country.

The English-language, online-enabled version of the game is expected to score higher.
                            Eh, seems a bit odd to me.

Still, other than a few mistakes (typos and getting the platforms of some games mixed up), the magazine doesn't seem that different so far. To be fair though, I haven't read much yet though

Comment

Page 170 made me LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X