X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Papercut
    Originally posted by lordcookie
    Originally posted by Papercut
    probably the biggest waste was the Dreamcast Karaoke unit, which downloads songs over the Internet (thought it used CDs). You get charged for downloaded the tunes, but you can't store them once you have, wot a con. Lovely hardware though, shame I can't use audio CDs.
    I was looking to get one of these last month, but I am glad I didn't now if you had to dowload the songs.

Out of curiosity how much did your unit cost?
    I spent ?80 or ?90 on it, doh.
    If that was boxed as well then it is a good price. I am sure I have seen a couple of places sell them for ?300+

Comment

Street fighter 2 turbo for me 70 quid for game and 25 quid for a convertor to play it

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext
        ?122 inc postage for Panzer Dragoon Saga.

Steel Battalion next friday would have beat it if I wasn't getting it discounted.
        isnt it delayed till june now?

Comment

Not a game but I spent ?500 on a PAL PS2 (on its own) a couple of weeks after launch.

ft:

Comment

Originally posted by shifty_geezer
            fluff me, you must be one bitter son of a bitch.
            Thats putting it mildly - My wallet has never let me forget that one and I've never been back to Blockbuster since

Anyone know someone who wants a copy of Syphon Filter ?

All for the one time bargain price of ?80 !

Comment

?175 - Original Capcom 3 Wonders PCB - 1993.

Jesus, 10 years ago, danger.

*I wonder what ?175 then is 'worth' now?*

Comment

I wonder what ?175 then is 'worth' now?
                Find out here: http://eh.net/hmit/ppowerbp/

Most I ever spent on a game was ?220 on Tekki last September. And that's ?140 more than the 2nd most expensive game I ever bought.

Later.

Comment

?100 on Samba Set

Other than that, not really spent more than ?45 on a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
                    Originally posted by shifty_geezer
                    fluff me, you must be one bitter son of a bitch.
                    Thats putting it mildly - My wallet has never let me forget that one and I've never been back to Blockbuster since

Anyone know someone who wants a copy of Syphon Filter ?

All for the one time bargain price of ?80 !

I did use a harsher word than that but it appears to have been modified. I'll leave it to your imagination...

Comment

Thank you Leynos.

Comment

?1895 on a Star Trek: TNG pinball table

I should be getting it delivered in a week or so.

Comment

I paid ?70 to import Final Fantasy 3/6j for the SNES only to find it didnt work very well with all available convertors (wiping save after about 10 hours of play).

This meant I needed to get myself a US SNES which cost me about ?50 (second hand).

I then needed a SCART plug on my TV which I didnt have at the time so I needed to shell out about ?150 for a new TV.

I was only 14 at the time too!

Comment

Originally posted by spatial101
                            Your all gonna laugh at this one

?100 on Syphon Filter for the PS

I feel I should give an explanation - I rented it from Blockbuster. Returned it the day it was due back using their post box drop in point.

Didn't hear anything more until a bill for ?70 dropped through my door. Turns out they'd lost it and blamed me for not returning it

I was a bit younger then and a lot more gullable, so I paid the fine when I should have told them to **** off and fought it

I was dammed if I was going to pay ?70 for something I couldn't own so I decided to go for broke and spend a bit extra on a copy
                            I worked at BBV for years during school and here are a few tidbits of advice:

"But I did return it on time" - Usually down to one of three possibilities:
                            1. You gave it to a friend or relative to return and they either didn't return it at all or returned it to the wrong store(either a different BBV or a different videostore altogether).

2. You did return it but the good folks at BBV missed it during check-in. It got put back on the shelf but put in the wrong place. It should have been found during inventory in that case though.

3. The game was returned with the case, and the wrong game, or no game, or a demo-disc inside. Happens all the time and if BBV doesn't have a current phone # you won't know anything until that bill arrives. The bill isn't sent from the local store either, but rather sent off automatically from some central place. Always call or visit the local store if you get a bill.

TIP: When you return a game or a movie, go into the store and hand it to a clerk and say something like, "I rented this a few days ago and I don't remember when it was supposed to be returned. Could you cheeck for me?" Then the clerk will check it in right then and there and there will never be a problem.

Problems with returns happen all the time.

PS: Most money spent on a single game: 900 pounds for a GoldenEye pinball machine.

Comment

Bah, Pinball doesn't count as it's not really a computer / console game. :/

Comment

I just bought Sega for ?10 billion. <wins>

Comment

Working...
                                X