Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To get Carcassonne you had to sign up for a Korean account some years ago. Certainly not an easy option.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
      To get Carcassonne you had to sign up for a Korean account some years ago. Certainly not an easy option.
      That was Hexic 2, everyone got Carcassonne back in t'day. There'll have been plenty of new 360 owners since, though.

Comment

That'll be me (a new 360 owner, that is).

According to Wikipedia:

On November 15, 2007, Microsoft made Carcassonne available free of charge for seven days to celebrate the fifth anniversary of their Xbox Live service.
        I don't mind paying 400 points for it, though.

Comment

But I got Hexic 2 free with my console too without signing up a new account
          Undertow was another freebie for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
            But I got Hexic 2 free with my console too without signing up a new account
            Undertow was another freebie for some reason.
            You'd have got Hexic free, not Hexic 2.

Undertow was free as compensation when LIVE went down for a couple of days.

Comment

Carcassonne is still one of my favorite games on XBLA. Even the wife plays it, which is a minor miracle in itself.

Comment

I've had it for four years (clearly) and still haven't even booted it. Is it n00b friendly?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  I've had it for four years (clearly) and still haven't even booted it. Is it n00b friendly?
                  Yep, but it's better playing it against real people.

On the off chance it was Hexic 2, it was given away free if you signed up for gold one time (choice of three games).

Scumbag Xbox Live Rewards.

Add or buy 2800msp in October. Get 140msp back.

Now have 5010 points active and want to buy stuff.

Comment

You'd have got Hexic free, not Hexic 2.

Undertow was free as compensation when LIVE went down for a couple of days.
                    Ahh yes, sorry it was the original Hexic. It had HD on the end and my memory muddled that up into thinking it was a 2 >.<

Carcassonne is cool little game when you get the hang of it and it's little rules.

Comment

Carcassonne is amazing, I love to play and have a good old chat with a friend.

Comment

If you enjoy the Carcassonne xbox game The board game is so much better, there are all sorts of add ons that really change the game massivley, for example the addition of the thief and king pack gives you extra points for the person with the longest road or largest castle and really adds an extra competitive edge to it. It's a fantastic game and well worth picking up in any format.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                          I thought most people had Carcassonne for free at some point? That's how I got mine anyhoo.
                          I won it on 1 vs 100...never felt the desire to play it tho. Maybe I should?
                          Waiting for Crysis to DL at the mo...

Comment

It's very easy to play. As I said, even my wife picked it up fast, and she is a non gamer. If I remember correctly there is a tutorial in it too.

Comment

The new MS XBLA blog has finally gone live - http://playxbla.com/

Hopefully they'll do a competent job.

Comment

The Paranormal table for Pinball FX2 will be free for one week upon its release on the 26th of October.

Comment

Working...
                                X