This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J0e Musashi
    Seems like the marketplace is going downhill. Any content should have to be extra to the game, not something that is just locked away.
    All the paid for content is extra. The only locked away content has been the cars in Burnout Revenge and RR6 and these were free.

Comment

I must admit, the whole Marketplace/Additional Content issue hasn't really bothered me as such, since it's a matter of choice, however, I would've liked to have seen bug fixes before new content though.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
        Why is it People have this attitude?
        The marketplace has plenty of stuff and Is a brilliant idea, if it wasn't there at all you wouldn't be able to complain.

And there has only been 1 game so far that has downloads that unlock existing content on a game disc, that is ridge racer. It is free. Everything else is totally external to the disc you own.

YOU bought those sticks, YOU bought those points. Nobody forced you to.
        If they released it tommorow with hideous online lag, no doubt you'd be one of the first to bitch about it. You can't have it both ways.
        I bought these items in time for the original supposed release date of March. It keeps being pushed back. Chew on that Becker.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
          All the paid for content is extra. The only locked away content has been the cars in Burnout Revenge and RR6 and these were free.
          That's fair enough so far, but it still seems like an open invitation for firms to lock parts of a game and then have you pay for it and believe that it is extra. MS should have strict policies in regards to downloadable content is what I'm trying to say. That RR6 thing is mighty unfair too. What about the people that don't have internet?
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 18-04-2006, 13:50.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It keeps being pushed back. Chew on that Becker.
            NO WAY!
            A RELEASE DATE FOR A GAME.........SLIPPED?

That RR6 thing is mighty unfair too. What about the people that don't have internet?

What about people that don't have a 360?
            What about people that don't have hands?
            What about blind people?

Comment

NO WAY!
              A RELEASE DATE FOR A GAME.........SLIPPED?

It's somewhat different no? Especially as its a 1992 title we're talking about.

What about people that don't have a 360?
              What about people that don't have hands?
              What about blind people?
              I don't get it, did you try and make a funny?
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It's somewhat different no? Especially as its a 1992 title we're talking about.

I don't get it, did you try and make a funny?
                Obviously it's beyond you that they have to strip it down an implement online play, not an easy task for a 1992 title.

The games developers don't have to accomodate for every person on the earth, if you don't have the internet, who's problem is that? It certainly ain't namco's.

They have made it quite easy and flexible enough for people without net connections, ever heard of a memory card?

If you paid attention you would also know that some developers do make an effort for people that don't have the internet. You can simply take your memory card to a demo kiosk and download it from there.

You gonna tell me now that people shouldn't have to buy a memory card?

Comment

That's fair enough so far, but it still seems like an open invitation for firms to lock parts of a game and then have you pay for it and believe that it is extra. MS should have strict policies in regards to downloadable content is what I'm trying to say.
                  Maybe they do. Anyway I think any firm that tried to do this would get so much bad press that it just wouldn't be worth it. Downloadable content has been around since the early days of Live and no company has done this yet, so I don't see why they would suddenly start now.

That RR6 thing is mighty unfair too. What about the people that don't have internet?
                  The RR6 cars could be unlocked in the game. The unlocks just gave you more cars available to play online with at the start.

The Burnout cars can't be unlocked in the game, but you can take a memory card to a shop kiosk and download the unlocks.

Which is pretty good really and from EA too, the firm that most people would expect would charge for extra content.

Comment

Obviously it's beyond you that they have to strip it down an implement online play, not an easy task for a 1992 title.

The games developers don't have to accomodate for every person on the earth, if you don't have the internet, who's problem is that? It certainly ain't namco's.

They have made it quite easy and flexible enough for people without net connections, ever heard of a memory card?

If you paid attention you would also know that some developers do make an effort for people that don't have the internet. You can simply take your memory card to a demo kiosk and download it from there.

SF2 Hyper has been complete for ages now, hence it showing up on friend lists. How long does it take to sort out some decent netcode? This is a big firm after all.
                    Free or not, I still think its not right that content was locked away on RR6.
                    No you shouldn't have to go and buy a memory card and then go to your nearest kiosk (which is probably on the blink judging from 99% of the ones I've come across) just to get some stuff which you should have from the get-go. That is just a huge marketing ploy to squeeze extra pounds out of Joe gamer. This isn't 1992, gaming isn't shady anymore, this sort of practice shouldn't go on nowadays, its lazy and unfair. I guess you're Playstation generation so you wouldn't know about that.

BTW, I'm having a bad day today. O2 are trying to **** me over and try as I might I cannot get this Slug X cart to stop displaying graphical errors.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 18-04-2006, 14:24.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                      The RR6 cars could be unlocked in the game. The unlocks just gave you more cars available to play online with at the start.
                      How do you go about unlocking them in the game? I've gone through RR6 100% laurel leaf and all, but not these cars.
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

They shouldn't have to if they've got a HD attached

Please play nice people.

Comment

Well they can take their Hard Drive to a friends or wait until the content appears in an offline form i.e. on a magazine

Comment

Why should you have to buy a magazine?

*Flees*

Comment

Big moan fest eh? Ah well, all I can add is that people are never happy and are just gonna complain either way.

Comment

I'm happy ......

Comment

Working...
                                X