Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean, and I had fun with Mortal Kombat and even Frogger. BUT they lasted about a day each and I had a LOT more fun with Cloning Clyde.

The only games they seem to be porting* are ridiculously short or repetitive ones, which makes you feel ripped off a day later.

*There are some exceptions.

Comment

It must cost very little to convert an old game to put on to xbl. It's not like they're disguising what you're getting, so you can't claim to be "ripped off" - it's frogger/pacman/etc! What else do you expect? And they even offer a free trial version to download. If they sell, people must want them, and as long as they do MS may as well release them. Better for us all if xbla does well I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by ProgScan View Post
        Agreed, Jebus - it really does feel like Microsoft think they could put out 'Super Dog Turd '91' with a flashy graphics upgrade and expect us saps to gleefully convert our hard earned cash into their Monopoly money and buy it.

Well, **** em. **** them.

Ms Pac Man is just that one 'retro' release too ****ing far for me.

Microsoft, you are ****ing shameless - stick your Marketplace where it doesn't shine, sonny!
        Oh come on , for a start Microsoft don't actually make the bloody game, secondly the other option to this retro release is no release.
        No-one is forcing you to spend ?2.77 on Ms Pac Man

Comment

Odd. MS release old games with Live scoreboards and often online multiplayer/co-op and get called lazy. Yet Nintendo release ****ty 50Hz versions of old megadrive games and people lap it up...

Comment

Originally posted by Soi View Post
            Odd. MS release old games with Live scoreboards and often online multiplayer/co-op and get called lazy. Yet Nintendo release ****ty 50Hz versions of old megadrive games and people lap it up...
            The 50hz thing is a joke, but for NTSC Wii owners the virtual console has provided a lot of great stuff already. A Megadrive game like Gunstar Heroes is vastly superior to ancient rubbish like Pacman or Rally X. Even MD Altered Beast is better!

I think MS have been ticking the boxes with Arcade retro stuff for a while, trying to get all the classics. There may also be some buttering up going on with companies like Namco, encouraging them to get some easy money by doing 5 minute ports of some of their ancient catalogue titles.

I also think it's probably time for MS to move to more than 1 release a week as others have said. Come out with 1 retro game, 1 indie game, and perhaps even 1 casual game every week. Really ramp it up and keep everyone happy.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
              Oh come on, for a start Microsoft don't actually make the bloody game, secondly the other option to this retro release is no release.
              No-one is forcing you to spend ?2.77 on Ms Pac Man
              Originally posted by Soi View Post
              Both good points well made, personally would rather have a retro game available to download rather than nothing.

Comment

Is Ms Pac-Man up yet ? some people on another forum seem to think it's not going up today (and there's nothing on Major Nelson yet)

Got to love 14 year old American kids

Originally posted by from another fourm
                I know Ms. Pac-Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows.
                Last edited by VR46; 03-01-2007, 10:10. Reason: can't spell

Comment

Doesn't surprise me as we've had 2-3 original titles now (Small Arms, Assault Heroes, Novadrome) but I think Ms Pacman is taking the piss a little given we have Mr Pacman already.....

Comment

Any word on when Castle Crashers is due to arrive?

Comment

I want sensible soccer and worms goddammit. That will be a new era for arcade will it not ? Console/Home Computer games ?

Next up - Wanted : Monty Mole

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                        I think Ms Pacman is taking the piss a little given we have Mr Pacman already.....
                        What about Pac-Land - I used to ****ing rule at that game, jumping swimming pools ftw

Comment

Ooooh aye that was superb - that's the kind of stuff I want to see - Jungle King / Bubble Bobble (with live) / Rainbow Islands (with live) / R-Type and some stuff like that - mix it up ffs. Final Fight would be nice.

They should be going on genre or something - shooter, platform, puzzle . . . . . .

I agree with the earlier comment about ticking boxes - it's like they know there's a finite number of these titles and we're going through them in a very methodical fashion - Get the good stuff out already ffs.

And the 50mb limit has to go now. WITHOUT hiking the price for those that go over.
                          Last edited by Yoshimax; 03-01-2007, 10:17. Reason: rewrite

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko View Post
                            Any word on when Castle Crashers is due to arrive?
                            Still just listed as `Sometime 2007`

If you lot are going nuts over Ms Pacman, I can't wait to see what happens when they release the Lumines expansion packs as Wednesday arcade downloads

Comment

Final Fight would be nice.
                              I'll say it one last time, if Wii is not going to get Streets of Rage then 360 must ! TBH it has to come to 360 as MS will surely insist on Live Coop for the game, which would = all my dreams come true !

Comment

So from what I read elsewhere, nothing today, Ms Pac-Man next Weds (10th) and Worms following Wednesday (17th)

Comment

Working...
                                X