X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye but when ? 2009 ?

Comment

YUSS! I am a total sucker for pinball ...

... but at the current rate of throughput, I expect we'll see this Q2 2008 or something.

Aye but when ? 2009 ?
      Heh, beaten to it.
      Last edited by peeveen; 05-02-2007, 14:25. Reason: great minds think alike.

Comment

Root Beer Tapper is Arcade's Wednesday release.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidHolliss View Post
          Pinball FX, another game heading to XBLA

www.pinballfx.com
          That looks absolutely wonderful.

But then again - just like peeveen - I am a sucker for Pinball games.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept View Post
            http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156961

Root Beer Tapper is Arcade's Wednesday release.
            goodie goodie and only 400 points
            Last edited by VR46; 06-02-2007, 08:48. Reason: added quote for clarity

Comment

Oh...another retro release, great. Bring out the big guns dammit! I need something to play whilst waiting for Crackdown to be released!

Comment

Super Mario World for Wii... or Root Beer Tapper... hard choice :P

Comment

Yay, another naff game to not buy.

Comment

Root Beer Tapper isn't supposed to be bad (never played it myself).

The thing is though, announcing major Arcade releases in the 'near future' without a date can be counter-productive. I've got 5000 points I'm sitting on that I'm not spending until Hominid, SotN, Worms etc, appear. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Don't release any news on future titles and you're criticised for being secretive or not acting to secure new releases in a decent time frame. Do release news (but be vague about it) and you end up potentially encouraging people to hold off on impulse purchasing titles they otherwise might for something else down the road (which they might otherwise get on top of).

Hopefully some of the bigger from the recently announced ten will hit this month.

Comment

Root Beer Tapper is a good game to be fair but I also am sick of these retro releases that really aren't offering much at all for the money - If you ask me you should be able to "rent" these games for say an hour or 3/4 "boot ups" before it removes/locks itself forcing you to pay another very small amount.

I want to see things that use the power of the 360 not things that it could run whilst doing a million other things at the same time - Think Geometry Wars.

I'm gonna go back to marble blast - A time when XBLA looked like it could soar - To be honest these days I think it's a damp squib - ain't bought any MS points for a good few months now.

Comment

Aye, Yoshi.

I mean... isn't something like Rez perfectly ideal for Live Arcade (new songs/levels to download/leaderboards etc.)?

One positive thing to note on this is that Bizarre are working on Boom Boom Rocket, which looks to be a Fantavision-styled music rhythm game. Hopefully it'll play and look as impressive as Geometry Wars (which I've put dozens more hours into every other Arcade title I've played).

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK View Post
                          I'm gonna go back to marble blast - A time when XBLA looked like it could soar - To be honest these days I think it's a damp squib - ain't bought any MS points for a good few months now.
                          Did you play Assault Heroes? I thought that one was really good, well worth the points. Robo Blitz looked pretty good too and I would have bought it had the price been better.

The stuff they've announced for the coming months sounds good to me - Paperboy, Symphony of the Night, Castle Crashers, Alien Homonid... I'll likely buy all of those.

Comment

I'm also not waiting for these very old games, give me something retro from the last 5-10 years instead of 20 year old games,
                            I would like to see games like ScudRacer, Daytona, VirtuaFighter 2, RaveRacer, ChuChuRocket, etc
                            Originally posted by Concept View Post
                            I mean... isn't something like Rez perfectly ideal for Live Arcade (new songs/levels to download/leaderboards etc.)
                            yes, that would be great.... still have small hope for this coming to XBLA

Comment

Somebody email Cannessa and Nelson and get them in here to discuss it

Comment

There are no SEGA games on Live Arcade yet are there? They did announce Sonic ages ago, but it's still nowhere to be seen.

Very odd, and a real shame - I'd love to have OutRun, Golden Axe, PowerDrift, SEGA Rally and several others on Live Arcade.

And also where on earth are classic block puzzlers like Tetris and Puyo Puyo?

Comment

Working...
                                X