Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Square
    Originally posted by Saurian
    You can swicth "Point Filtering" ON in Final Burn, this cures the Xbox Blur(tm)
    How do you do that, Saur? Does it have to be installed on the HD?

Click down the right stick when in a game and it brings up a list of options, point filtering is on there.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny
      I seem to remember someone posting a config file on another forum a while back that supposedly fixed the xSnes9x resolution issue... he had basically tweaked settings to hell and back to get it looking good.
      Could you look into this for me please? I'm assuming the same can be done for X-MAME? Thanks.

Comment

Doesn't the latest build of xSNES9x (1.05) come with those mystical config settings built in?

I seem to remember the author of it saying somewhere that he'd included the config file that improved the IQ cos it was so effective.

But I might be wrong...I'll have to dig out the readme file or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Loada
          Doesn't the latest build of xSNES9x (1.05) come with those mystical config settings built in?

I seem to remember the author of it saying somewhere that he'd included the config file that improved the IQ cos it was so effective.

But I might be wrong...I'll have to dig out the readme file or something...
          yeah but v1.05 is a fake. quote lifted from www.xbox-scene.com

Fake xSnes9x v1.05
          >> After fake Xecuter bioses , there are now fake xSnes9x releases on newsgroups and peep-to-peer networks.
          From lantus-x.com/xSnes9x
          Theres a fake xSnes9x v1.05 released on newsgroups. This is probably a virus or an app which deletes files from your HDD - its not an official xSnes9x release - which is still V1.04 at this time.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Xsnes 5 is real according to the author on his forums and iv come across it as a download but im getting on fine with beta 5. I hated all Xbox emus until i delved deeper you just need to turn on point filtering in the ini file on Xsnes and download the 'perfect' screen cfg from the same forums - no reason why Xsnes shouldnt look like a perfect RGB none-filtered picture.

On Mame-X i find (and always harp on about) switching scanlines to 1 in the ini gives a much better picture through RGB scart, and setting sound to 11025khz gives a vast increase in fps. I chucked all 3000+ roms onto the standard HD and basically use it as a Mame box.

Comment

NesterX 0.2 - NES Emu

Had a go with this one tonight and I'm pretty impressed, one of the better Xbox emus out there. Front end (note to author - white text on violet background is hard to read ) has a game browser, savegame database, screengrab database, controller setting, emulator setting and the all important exit to Evo X option. Controller setting lets you reassign the pad buttons as well as assign buttons to screengrab, turbo mode and exit to game browser if you want to use them.

Emulator setting lets you choose display and sound quality settings. You'll get 100% emulation speed at any setting but I found that a 640x480 buffer and 'motion blur' (strange i know, I think this filters been wrongly named) graphics filter will give a pixel perfect, sharp full screen image. I had over 300 roms installed and every one I tried seemed to work perfectly.

Comment

Angel.

What forums did you get the perfect screen cfg from for xSnes?

Thats the config I mentioned earlier but I couldnt find a link to it, I tried the config a while back and it definitely improves the picture alot but I have since put my original HD back in and reformatted my 80gb version for PC use.

Comment

there you go mate http://www.lantus-x.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51

Comment

how big is the final burn file? Can someone e-mail me it possibly or PM me a link to a site that has it?

Thanks.

Comment

The Daedulus N64 emulator sucks, as it only runs about 5 games and not very well. It has no sound, and some games run at 1.5X the normal speed.

Then again, it was an unfinished leaked emulator. Let's hope someone gets a proper version of Project 64 running very soon.

Comment

Its all about CAPCOM SPORTS CLUB!1!

Comment

Originally posted by Omizzay
                            The Daedulus N64 emulator sucks, as it only runs about 5 games and not very well. It has no sound, and some games run at 1.5X the normal speed.

Then again, it was an unfinished leaked emulator. Let's hope someone gets a proper version of Project 64 running very soon.
                            an unnamed team were harping on about there own n64 emulator (irc but i can't remember the group) last week saying that the release was nearly ready but i haven't heard anything since.

killy i don't know what the rules are for posting links to illegal programs so i won't give any kind of direct link all i'll say is xtreme-xbox.net have some great info and stuff....

Comment

I know next to nothing about Xbox emulation (Im pressing my writers for a guide on this!) and wondered if the games work well or at all with the XBox pad, or do you need to buy a seperate control device instead?

Comment

Originally posted by marcus
                                I know next to nothing about Xbox emulation (Im pressing my writers for a guide on this!) and wondered if the games work well or at all with the XBox pad, or do you need to buy a seperate control device instead?
                                the button mapping is good on most of the emulators but its still ackward sometimes (i.e. mario kart with xbox pad)

Comment

Working...
                                X