This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dragon Quest: Journey Of The Cursed King

For those not in the know, here is a little about the game.

Poor King Trode has been turned into a troll, his daughter Princess Medea into a horse and his subjects into brambles. His kingdom, Trodain, is frozen in time.
    The story begins as you, the hero (one of the King's guards), and your eccentric band - King Trode, the Princess and a reformed bandit named Yangus - arrive at the town of Farebury in search of an evil jester named Dhoulmagus. He is the madman responsible for stealing a forbidden sceptre from King Trode's castle and cursing the whole kingdom. Now he roams the land killing innocent victims. United by a common goal, characters Jessica and Angelo join the party on a quest to bring the devilish Dhoulmagus to justice.

This game was one of the most anticipated RPG's throughout the PS2's lifespan (most anticipated in japan infront of even FFXII), it outsold the sales of FFXII in its opening week selling in excess of 2million copies. And finally 8/9 months later we lucky Europeans will get to play the game.

Since the record-selling Japanese release new features have been added for the European versions. The game has been optimised for full-screen PAL 50Hz. The game also features the addition of English voice-overs recorded by a British cast, a full-orchestral soundtrack, a completely renovated menu system, new battle abilities, and improved animations.

So is anyone actually going to pick this one up? I have my order on its way from Play.com so may be here in the morning or by thursday.

Impressions soon!!

Last edited by ibu; 12-04-2006, 01:19.

There's already first play threads for both the Japanese and American releases. I don't think there's need for another one.

Comment

Hopefully going to the launch event at Oxford Street on Thursday to pick this up... Can't believe it's taken this long to come out here though! Hope it's not PAL-borderified a la FF X.

Comment

Last edited by charlesr; 12-04-2006, 07:10.

Comment

Working...
        X