• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solid scores.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
      It's that special edition version you can buy for ?20
      Still dont know why it would be reviewed again..?

Not that Im bothered, the more people who are told about this amazing game the better.

Comment

I've never progressed past the first stage. I don't know whether I should pick it up again or get the new version...

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy

I'd have had emman, hope issue 40(or whatever the missing sub one was) wasn't one of them.
          every issue from No1 to No41, they are currently sat in the recycle box waiting to be collected

Comment

What's in the Retro section this month?

Comment

Originally posted by Emir
              What's in the Retro section this month?
              8 x dreamcast games = all shooters

our very own oh_mutants is teh retro collector

best game is double dragon (Arcade)

and a little bit on Turrican

Comment

I've never progressed past the first stage. I don't know whether I should pick it up again or get the new version...
                i didn't like DMC3 at first play. too difficult, too mauch backtracking. but then i played through the special edition in "easy full auto" mode and found it way better in terms of playability, respectively difficulty balance! there's also some cool extra stuff like arena mode to level up your character and enhance replayabilty. also, it's a real bargain at this price and worth every cent!

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
                  8 x dreamcast games = all shooters
                  That would be me

I'll make a whole section about shmups yet...

Comment

Is the DMC3 special edition the platinum release, or is it a completely different package?

Comment

Originally posted by GordonJ
                      Is the DMC3 special edition the platinum release, or is it a completely different package?
                      Dante's Awakening: SE

Comment

Originally posted by Del Boy
                        Dante's Awakening: SE
                        I knew what it was called but I couldn't find it anywhere so was wondering if it was the same thing.

I've found it on the pc but no one seems to have the ps2 version, guess I'll wait til closer to June (the release date on the pc version) and see if the ps2 version turns up.

edit: Or just import it (like an ntsc-uk'er should)
                        Last edited by GordonJ; 16-04-2006, 16:57.

Comment

i liked the Double Dragon restrospective

couple of flaws though

punch and jump actually produce an elbow attack

and they totally ommited the kick and jump button - back flying kick

but did Taito publish this - thought this was all techno(s)

Comment

couple of flaws though

Technos developed and released it in japan, Taito handled worldwide distribution. I don't think any mention of technos is made on the taito releases (which actually have some minor changes if i recall), so sometimes people mistakenly credit taito for the actual development.

Comment

couple of flaws though

I didn't mention the back flying kick because I didn't fell it was important to list every move. The only reason why I mentioned the Elbow and headbutt moves, was because you could effectively complete the game with them and nothing else. Typical that I wrote the wrong thing though, I was playing it all day.

I don't have the issue to hand, so I've no idea who I put down as the publisher. It was probably something like Nintendo...

Comment

I didn't mention the back flying kick because I didn't fell it was important to list every move. The only reason why I mentioned the Elbow and headbutt moves, was because you could effectively complete the game with them and nothing else. Typical that I wrote the wrong thing though, I was playing it all day.

I don't have the issue to hand, so I've no idea who I put down as the publisher. It was probably something like Nintendo...
                                no it mentioned that taito published it but the creater was technos

didnt think taito had anything to do with this

Comment

Working...
                                X