Clear All

Recommend me some Neo Geo CD Games Please

Just won this bad boy on eBay:

As you can see it comes with:

KOF 96
    KOF 97
    KOF 98

What else should I get?

Someone convince me to part with around $100 for Metal Slug, is it really THAT good(I've never played the arcade version etc.)

Also, is it easy to make the NEo Geo CD multiregion?

I hate to ask, but have to, can you play backups ion it? Cos if I'm gonna pay $100+ for Metal Slug etc. I don't want to risk scratching the disc If this part is against the rules, feel free to remove it

Just paid for it, it came to ?117.41 including insured EMS postage. Is that a good price?

Comment

I dont really know much about NG CD prices but I always thought around ?70 was average for a mint condition one unless it has gone up considerably in value in the past few months.

Comment

oh crap, I didn't know

A system comes to ?116 delivered from Videogameimports with just one pad.

This one came with the 3 games and 2 pads(a spare pad costs about ?25 from videogameinports)

Comment

Sorry I misunderstood what you meant.

I thought you meant you had just bought Metal Slug for ?117, not the unit plus those games.

You got a pretty good price for that bundle. VGI arent always the best to compare prices though as they tend to over price their goods.

Comment

It's a not bad price for the system though you would have been better with the CDZ and it's double speed cd drive.

Metal Slug is superb and unless your willing to pay over a grand for the cart version is an essential purchase. MS2 does have quite annoying loading times in mid level.

Check out www.neogeocd.com they have lists comparing loading times and stuff.

You should pretty much avoid most of the newer fighters though, the loading times in between rounds will p!ss you off.

Recommended games :

Flying Power Disc (windjammers)
            Big Tournament Golf / Neo Turf Masters
            Bust A Move
            Last Resort
            Neo Driftout
            Nam 75
            Any Super Sidekicks game
            Pretty much any of the shooters.

Hope that helps some.

Comment

Cheers for the recommendations
              I think I'm just gonna get Metal Slug for now
              Any ideas on where I can get it in the UK?

Comment

Also, anyone know any indies in London that stock neo geo cd games?

Comment

The 2 Last Blade games are also pretty good.

Comment

Samurai Shodown 2!! It's a badboy of a game and only around a tenner on Ebay - buy it now!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                      is it easy to make the Neo Geo CD multiregion?
                      its multiregion out of the box. you can play any game on any machine!

game you should get are-

Fatal fury 2
                      Magician Lord
                      Sengoku
                      Sengoku 2
                      Last resort
                      Viewpoint

any how superbrother hows you neo geo cd experience coming along, is it as good as you hoped?

Comment

Originally posted by beecee
                        any how superbrother hows you neo geo cd experience coming along, is it as good as you hoped?
                        Wicked mate - I'd always lusted after a Neo since seeing Nam '75 running in my local indie when I was still playing MD games so it's kind of a childhood (well actually mid-teen) fantasy fulfilled.
                        I managed to get hold of Metal Slug which is still ace to this day and has very quick loading. I got Last Blade - got hacked off with the pi$$ taking load times so sold it and got the DC version instead......(as well as Garou MOTW with the proceeds)

It's great to be able to take a break from all my long-winded next gen RPG's etc. and chuck on what is essentially and old arcade machine for a twenty minute blast.

My current faves:

Windjammers
                        Metal Slug
                        Samurai Shodown 2
                        Sengoku 2
                        KOF '94 & '96
                        Viewpoint
                        Double Dragon

Some of these will soon be toppled as I've a few games to get stuck into still.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                          Also, anyone know any indies in London that stock neo geo cd games?
                          CEX, Rathbone Terrace or Street or something like that.

just off oxford street.

They have a huge retro section with shed loads of Neo Stuff, inc. CD games.

Comment

videogameimports.com have them. However, I have a feeling that Saurian makes them for VGI, so he might be worth talking to.

Comment

Working...
                            X