Helpful things you might not know about the website and forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr
    Anyone interested in reviews downloadable in a format that goes on your psp so you can read them on the train?
    Hardly surprising that things like this get missed with all the excitement over Andy. Count me as a "yes" vote please.

P

Comment

I'm just converting a NTSC-uk review to PSP format, will post when it's available for download. Cheers.

Comment

Firstly this is just a trial "on PSP" review I knocked up, this format may or may not come to anything, thanks to Charlesr for the opportunity to post it and & John Henderson for the review.

Uploaded John's Gradius Portable review in PSP format, right click and download from here; 0.7mb in size. (Had to zip the whole folder otherwise you would have to download all pages individually)

Webs.com has been shut down on the 31st of August 2023. Find out what that means for your site and how to move it to another provider.

(then unzip the folder and place in the photo's folder on your PSP, it contains 16 pages in total)

Use the left and right shoulder buttons to scroll through the pages.
        Post or PM me with any problems, feedback, suggestions etc.

Thanks.

Comment

Based on this trial I'd like to see more content made available in a PSP friendly format. The screen shots (particularly the last one) look great and make me want to see it in action.

The page numbering needs to be changed - 01 instead of 1 (otherwise the pages come out as 1, 10, 11 etc).

Other than that, I hope to see more soon.

Cheers

P

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101
            I prefer mine wide... *fnar fnar*
            I seem to remember you forwarding your support of wide mode in the past... You're crazy!

Comment

Yeah crazy... like a fox

Comment

thin mode: any day of the week

find it much easier/quicker to read

Comment

Will the format work with me ipod?

Also on a separate note, what is the use of the buddy list thing on the forums? Are there any benefits? And does anyone use em?

Comment

Don't think so (don't have ipod to test it) basically each PSP page is a .jpg

Comment

well you can view photos on the Ipod so i guess in theory you can do it, might be a bit small the txt lol

Comment

true, please give it a try, I can make the text bigger ....

Comment

i can give it a bash, do i jus unrara the link then?

Comment

yep and you will get a folder with 16 .jpg's in, load them up and scroll through them. One note though, couple of people have had a problem with the pages being out of sync even though named correctly, page numbers can be found at top right of each text page.

Comment

Dave,

jus tried it out and its not bad, came out pretty well. Im suprised, yeah the text is still readable, but i dont reccomend it cos im sure if i read that on the bus/train id get a headache, maybe make em bigger and stuff!

Good idea though, i sense a new feature coming along!

Comment

oh they are out of sink (sp?) as well. but thats easily corrected. the screen shots look great, almost feels like im playing gradius on me ipod! Oh an im testing it on a video pod 5 gen i think? so it look pretty smart. hope that helped.

Comment

Working...
                                X