Raid Over River - Vertical Shooter for Wii and DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raid Over River - Vertical Shooter for Wii and DS

The new Nintendo magazine has some pre-rendered screenshots of what looks likely to be the Revolution's first Vertical Scrolling Shooter. It's made in Europe and puts you in control of either a stealth jet or a helicopter that must travel upstream and blast the hell out of other aircraft and battleships. The magazine hints at a time travel element as levels take place in either 50BC, 1942(!), 1991 or 2024 - though it's unclear if you will be able to time travel at will.

The renders look very nice but there are no details of how it'll work with the controller. I don't really care though as it's nice to see that the Rev will have some traditional games in its catalog to complement the new stuff.

Wonder if it has anything to do with River Raid?
    Last edited by Kaladron; 14-06-2006, 10:25.

Are they the same screens which were shown last year or some new ones?

At the time the dev didnt have a Rev license, I'd guess that's all changed now though.

Comment

They're the ones. I didn't realise those screens were so old.

Nintendo mag says that Nibris are also working on "Sadness" for the Rev so I guess they have a licence now. Unless this is another one of ONM's famous blunders.

Comment

The dev company have been saying that they're working on Sadness for the Revolution. No news at all from Nintendo about them having a license or dev kit to do so, that last I heard.

Comment

I'm sure Darran would get all horny for this seeing as he loves River Raid so much.
          Personally, I can't wait for a Revolution version of Dig Dug

Comment

Goto http://www.nibris.net/ for the company behind Raid over River have re-aunched their web site.
            Has a really cool MP3 from the raid over river soundtrack, says it for DS though and not the Wii.

Comment

Nibris sent me some new screens of this today. These are for the new DS version and look pretty nice.

Looks like the name has been changed to Ride Over The River. It's not as catchy but at least it avoids confusion with River Raid.

EDIT: Should add that I really wish a developer would utilise both screens to make a true vertical scrolling shooter. *sigh*
              Attached Files

Comment

I used to love River Raid. Just thought I'd share that with you.

Comment

You're not the only one. It's still an original shoot-em-up all these years on...kind of a survival shmup, really.

Don't think this one will play like it to be honest.

Comment

WOW those DS shots look great. I hope theres alot of nice explosion effects because i bet it will look fantastic on a Lite.

Comment

DS version does look mighty good, as been discussed many times on the shmups boards, I also think the gap between the two DS screens is too big to merged into one playing area.

Comment

http://www.eurogamer.net/tv_video.ph...ist_id=887&s=l

As DS games go this is probably the most impressive ive seen so far it looks stunning, cant wait to get my hands on this should be fantastic on the DS Lite's Uber screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                          They're the ones. I didn't realise those screens were so old.

Nintendo mag says that Nibris are also working on "Sadness" for the Rev so I guess they have a licence now. Unless this is another one of ONM's famous blunders.
                          Are you sure it's ONM? I get it subscribed and... i think i've had this months already and there was nothing about this in it that i could see.
                          Sure it's not "revolution" mag?

Comment

Working...
                          X