Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox360 Test Drive Unlimited Demo (E3 Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox360 Test Drive Unlimited Demo (E3 Demo)

If this should be in the E3 folder can someone move it ? Figured we'd all want to discuss these demos and the potential they hold.

Some people seem to be having difficulty with dload speeds on this but it rocketed down in about 20/25 minutes for me !!

Only had a very quick blast - The graphics look nice I dunno about better than PGR but considering the area you have to drive they're great.

The servers were/are down so couldn't try it online (only had 5 mins) but drove about myself and it was nice - there's a real sense of "freedom" in the game and the handling model and (particularly) the sound are very well done indeed.

Will be on this later to try and get some multiplayer races (as that seems to be the core of the game) so expect more shortly !!!

For now though I'd say it's looking like a buy depending on when it gets released.

Yeah, servers don't look to be running atm - seems pretty fun actually, liked the way the crashes happen, seems like buying cars will be pretty decent too. Definitely not as good looking as PGR3, but it's got time to be polished, and if the MOOR thing is pulled off well, this game is going to be promising.

One thing I did like a lot was being able to adjust the seat, allowing you to move the seat back and forward, and up and down, changing how much of the dash and steering wheel you see. Oh, and you can wind the windows up and down I like neat touches like that.

I also like it that when you brake, rather than go straight into reverse as soon as you hit zero mph on the auto box, you have to release the brake and pull the trigger again to start reversing.

Bit daft that the demo times out after 15 minutes and goes back to the dashboard (well after you've skipped through about 6 screens - though you can use the guide key to skip all that entirely) - utterly pointless thing to do given you can just boot it up again, so why bother timing it out? It's not like you can save the game anyway :/
    Last edited by MartyG; 08-05-2006, 18:33.

Comment

That's disheartening to hear. Hopefully it won't do that online..

Comment

i found it a bit meh

i like the camera shake when you are going fast and the feeling of speed is really good.

it didn't blow me away but i find it difficult to like driving games that don't let me drift like burnout/RR/out run etc.

Comment

Wow, this is surprisingly good!

I do like it a lot. I just want the online servers to come up!

Comment

I'm quite impressed, it looks pretty lovely, its almost on par with oblvion for its outdoor environments.

When I was jus driving around it gave me a proper "just left the airport" holiday feeling, twas well odd, but nice.

Don't think I'd buy it though I'm not a fan of "realistic" racers, I'm **** at em

Comment

I found the framerate to be really, really juddery. Oh, and then it crashed

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                I found the framerate to be really, really juddery. Oh, and then it crashed
                Your 360 isn't set in 50hz somewhere is it?

Comment

I found it really, really dull. Then I turned it off. As predicted really..

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                    Your 360 isn't set in 50hz somewhere is it?
                    How would I find that out? It's set up to a 50 inch Samsung DLP and Need for speed underground has exactly the same problem.

Unless of course my Hi-Def tv doesn't run at 60 hertz...

Comment

NFS: Underground frames out lots because its a pile of ****e mate, it aint the TV or 360. "Most Wanted" has that weird streaming crapiness, which again isn't your hardware.

I played Test Drive in 720p and found it to run about 30fps and choppy. Don't think its a hardware fault at your end.

I believe 720p on 360 is 60hz only. However if you didn't switch to PAL60 before changing to the HDTV version of the dashboard (by flicking the switch on the video cable), it might still be 50hz which seems to affect some games.

Comment

Plug in the standard leads (composite/component) switch the switch to standard definition , then check on the display section of the 360 dashboard.

Set it to 60hz and put everything.

Comment

Yeah it's all on 60hz.

I've noticed these framerate problems on three driving games now, need for speed, full auto and this new game.

Anyway, I'll put it on again after wifeswap and take another look at it.

Comment

Well Full Auto frames out too mate, its just shoddy games not your hardware. Try RR6 which runs at a solid 60 frames per second and see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider
                              Yeah it's all on 60hz.

I've noticed these framerate problems on three driving games now, need for speed, full auto and this new game.

Anyway, I'll put it on again after wifeswap and take another look at it.
                              I know full auto definately had problems in 50hz, maybe try switching it to 50hz, booting up a game in compo****e then restarting and changing to 60hz.

Comment

Working...
                              X