Does Game hate the 360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bollocks init....

If you use it for a few hours and it overheats and freezes it's because it's defective. Take it back...

If you stand it upright it won't scratch disks. If you move it while the disk is spinning it will.

And it has the same heat issues as any computer device, don't block the vents, don't do this that etc.

Tsck! Some people...

Comment

All bollocks. I've used mine since launch and pretty much contravene all of those useful "hints" and not had a problem. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

Its nothing against the stores, just Sony fanboy-ism from individual staff probably. You'll never get round that though.

Comment

My 360 has been in the same place, upright since release date and touch wood...no probs.

Sounds like a load of bull**** to me.

Comment

Originally posted by langley
          Don't carry console box via the handle.
          Lies. Why would they put a handle on it if it wasn't strong enough? Carried mine home in it no problem.
          Don't stand console upright, because it scratches disks.
          More lies! There are no problems with playing it upright, just like a PS2 or any other hardware with a tray/slot-loading drive. The problem is that idiots have been moving it when it's on, or changing orientation when it's on, which would cause problems for anything. (DVDs can be spinning 10,000rpm or more iirc)
          Don't put the power supply anywhere near the console when switched on.
          Again, even more lies. Mine is approx. 2" behind my system with no problems at all.
          Don't put the console in a TV cupboard because it overheats.
          This one could be true. With wireless controllers, you may not feel the need to leave the door open for ventilation, or it may not be enough ventilation even with the door open; but no hardware should be in an unventilated space.
          Don't use for more than a few hours because it overheats.
          Like all "computers" or other electronic equipment, they're designed so they can stay on. I had mine on solidly for almost a week a while back. (either playing on it, downloading stuff while I slept, or listening to music etc)

To be honest i am very suprised the customer did not had it back for a refund.
          Doesn't surprise me either, if it were true. People like that should either be trained to know better, or fired for that, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
            Lies. Why would they put a handle on it if it wasn't strong enough? Carried mine home in it no problem.
            Well Capcom did it with Steel Battalion :P

I got about 50 yards out of the store when *snap* the handle broke.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
              There are no problems with playing it upright, just like a PS2 or any other hardware with a tray/slot-loading drive. The problem is that idiots have been moving it when it's on
              Or have a wife who inadvertently vacuums over the ethernet cable!

On the plus side, Mrs G felt so guilty about putting the dreaded ring of death on PDZ that she bought me a new game.

I have now gone wireless, just to be safe.

P

Comment

Working...
              X