Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (Guns of the Patriots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...rather quite what?

Comment

He meant quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
        He meant quiet.
        Sorry, I missed out the "e".

Comment

You might be right - but I think a lot of people who have downloaded this beta are under 18 - but then again so many under 18's will have GTA so you might be right...

Comment

I can't see this doing well myself once it hits retail. The one on Subsistence was poor and barren.

Comment

Yea but BB take up is a lot higher now + the fact that the PS3 is net ready.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
                Yea but BB take up is a lot higher now + the fact that the PS3 is net ready.
                Konami is using their own servers aswell. You'd think that being A BIG Sony Seller they would be using the perfectly STABLE Playstation Network, but no! They opted to have a system where you have to have two different IDs that can't be the same and two different passwords, one of which is a set of numbers. The japanese really don't know how to create an online game thats stable, its so prehistoric. If this is Beta, i do wonder how the alpha went if its currently a shambles now.

Comment

He meant quiet.

*WOOSH*

Comment

I can't see this doing well myself once it hits retail. The one on Subsistence was poor and barren.
                    I'm not bothered about the online stuff myself but as the online part of this is included in the MGS there may be people who give it a try.

Whether people are willing to pay for the additional maps, characters, game types, etc after they've had their fill of the 5 maps included in the starter pack is another matter completely.

The main reason I was interested in the beta is just because it's the closest thing we'll get to playing MGS 4 until the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
                      The main reason I was interested in the beta is just because it's the closest thing we'll get to playing MGS 4 until the summer.
                      Same for me too, it'll give us an indicator of how it will look and sound on our setups come june!
                      I know little about the online to be honest, but the trailer made it look like it was trying a few new things.

Comment

It did look a little different to much of what is out there and I am hoping that it will drag me in but I just can't get into online games any more for some reason.

You can't beat the humour that seems to be in it online though, that man cannon thing was a bloody classic for me!!!

Comment

1.02 update is out. Something to do with connections to the servers. Must be small, came down in a few minutes

Comment

yeah downloaded 1.02 about 2hrs ago, came down in about 5min's, thought i'd give logging in another try afterwards but after inputting i.d and pass its still the same error.

guess its not live yet, oh well

Comment

It seems it's planned for today at midnight, so sometime saturday morning it should be up for us in the UK.

EDIT: Looking around the web, it seems the official start time for the beta at the moment is this saturday at 8:00am (GMT). However, this could still change if problems continue.
                              Last edited by Malc; 25-04-2008, 08:39. Reason: found beta start time

Comment

JPN one up yet JU! ?
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X