No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a serious 50/50 chance they will say yep euro will get it first or god forbid we will actually get it before japan!
    Launching the DS first in the states has never harmed nintendos sales in japan in the slightest, don't see why they can't, would be a very dedicated gesture to europe to launch here first.
    We can all dream, sometimes though just sometimes dreams can become a reality

Comment

Originally posted by themanwithapc
      What if it was a complete googly and indeed Europe was the first to be getting the Wii?
      This is the kind of talk that leads to world-ending disappointments.

please let it be true

Comment

What if it was a complete googly and indeed Europe was the first to be getting the Wii?
        Hello there. Welcome to Europe. We are not located on the gaming atlus... sometimes rocketships that transfer games between Asia and North America drop some of their cargo and we play them. It tends to just be FPS and GTA type games though. So instead we all import from Japan and America

Comment

Theres about as much chance of UK/Europe getting it first as there is Microsoft making a game about flipping over Lobsters to attack the feeble point for gigantic wreckage!

Seriously.. It wont happen. Quote me on it!

Comment

That would quite possibly be the most niche game ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Tig
              In other news, does anyone else think Excitetruck is looking rather sex, considering it's a game about trucks and all? Watch when he gets a big boost in the video. That **** goes at F-Zero speeds
              it makes motorstorm on the ps3 looks decidedly sluggish.

Comment

I think it looks like SFR!

Whoop! SFR with trucks

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi
                  I will eat my 360 pad if thats true!*

maybe not
                  Someone actually said (prior to the 360 launch) they will eat their hat if the 360 was launched in all major territories before the end of 2005.

Originally posted by Tig
                  This is the kind of talk that leads to world-ending disappointments.

please let it be true
                  Yeah I guess. Still, nice to have your hopes crushed by a multinational business.

Originally posted by Oblivion_is_here
                  Hello there. Welcome to Europe. We are not located on the gaming atlus... sometimes rocketships that transfer games between Asia and North America drop some of their cargo and we play them. It tends to just be FPS and GTA type games though. So instead we all import from Japan and America
                  Theres about as much chance of UK/Europe getting it first as there is Microsoft making a game about flipping over Lobsters to attack the feeble point for gigantic wreckage!

Seriously.. It wont happen. Quote me on it!
                  We DID get Castlevania DoS before the US and, more importantly, the black DS Lite before any other region.

No reason why it CAN'T happen, although having initially said what I said, I do seem to get the feeling that I've cursed it and we'll ultimately get a release date of November...2007

Comment

From IGN.

Glad to see lots of titles are on there way. New and old.
                    Getting a free Virtual controller for buying lots of points sounds superb! I hope it's availble in usa or uk.
                    Also I wonder if buying usa points will work fine for a usa console in uk.
                    and if buying uk points for a imported console will work.
                    The idea of being able to buy points on pre-paid cards should put to rest any worries about being able to buy games for the virtual console on imported systems.

Comment

Someone actually said (prior to the 360 launch) they will eat their hat if the 360 was launched in all major territories before the end of 2005.

Yeah I guess. Still, nice to have your hopes crushed by a multinational business.

We DID get Castlevania DoS before the US and, more importantly, the black DS Lite before any other region.

No reason why it CAN'T happen, although having initially said what I said, I do seem to get the feeling that I've cursed it and we'll ultimately get a release date of November...2007
                      We do occasionally get things before but not often and there not quite as big things. Black ds lite.. well we didnt have DS Lite at all before the other 2 regions and for the original DS we had to wait 5 months more than the other 2 main regions.
                      I'm not saying it is impossible but it's so unlikely it's not worth hoping for imo.
                      I want it to be out before xmas here but I'm only getting a PAL one if it's as cheap as a usa one (Which it probs wont be)

Comment

We also got Mario Kart Double Dash before anywhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie
                          "The worldwide debut of the Wii system happens right here in the Americas -- the same place where we debuted Nintendo DS. On November 19, it will be available at more than 25,000 points of distribution across the Americas. And with a manufacturer's suggested retail price of $249.99. One price. One configuration. One color."
                          That quote taken from the conference in New York today pretty much confirms we will not be getting it first. I can't see it being in December so Nov24th is my guess. We'll find out in 12hrs time anyway

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                            We also got Mario Kart Double Dash before anywhere else!
                            IF mario kart double dash had been any good I'd of been happy about it!

Comment

Anyone else happy that it seems to be back to the days of "Get a game with your console"?

I wonder if Wii sports will be a game in a case, or just a cd or if it will be built into the console.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_sockochris
                                We'll find out in 12hrs time anyway
                                We'll know for sure it's been delayed til 2007 when Iwata and Reggie come on stage looking like this:

Comment

Working...
                                X