No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christ and to think someone probably got paid for coming up with that name.

They seem to have lost the plot somewhere behind yamamoto's sofa.

Comment

I like the name, but I'm not a english native speaker. (You already noticed that right? )

Although we don't play with a name but with a system.

Nice new banner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
        Christ and to think someone probably got paid for coming up with that name.

They seem to have lost the plot somewhere behind yamamoto's sofa.
        Word association Ish. Go to the toilet, (which most people do a few times a day), and as a gamer what are you going to think?

I'd imagine though, right now, Sony and Microsoft will be pissing their pants.

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
          I can just see the adverts for it featuring the Crazy Frog now!

Comment

None of these work for me. I'm assuming it's because they're all active-x based?

Comment

As this isn't a leak (sorry), you really need to ask if Nintendo Japan consulted the rest of their worldwide divisions on this one. Were they too yellow? (sorry). Naming it the Wii is going to make taking the piss (sorry), out of this so easy for writers, forumites and general media. The puns for reviews on bad games are going to be water tight (sorry).

Comment

The thing is it actually does make *some* sense, if you watch the video.
                I becomes we.

Except for the unfortunate double meaning it's genius.

Comment

If you're using them on Firefox they wont, try em on IE.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                    None of these work for me. I'm assuming it's because they're all active-x based?
                    No, I can view it with Camino.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

I just cant belive they have called it this, can you imagine walking into a local game store asking if i can pre-order a Wii, the one chance nintendo had a really chance of making a big success of the machine has just been pissed down the drain, nobody will take it at all serious. Pray the nintendo suits read this and change it to revolution

Comment

Originally posted by redzoo
                          I don't mind the name. People will get used to it in due course- remember the collective bewilderment at "Dreamcast" when it was first announced?
                          The Dreamcast wasn't named after a bodily secretion though - if it was named the Sega Spunk I might agree (though Seaman was close). I will buy one, but it will be via import mail order. I just can't see myself going into a shop and asking if I can have a wii.

Comment

This is hilarious!

My theory is that Nintendo were secretly bought by Sony a while back and Sony have renamed it this to run it into the ground.

Have you read the stuff on the website? "Wii has a distinctive 'ii' spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathered to play". What an utter load of arse. I'm so glad they released shots of that Red whatever game and other announced games before renaming it this because, without the upcoming games, I think the world would be ready to have Nintendo commited.

Comment

http://blogs.ign.com/gerry-ign

http://blogs.ign.com/matt-ign

http://blogs.ign.com/bozon-ign

Comment

Could be an opportunity for a revival of the scratch and sniff card - as bundled with Mario Wii (sorry - see how easy this is ... and I'm not even trying hard).

Comment

Working...
                                X