Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ta, david]

13:08.31 -
    Nintendogs: 4 million in Europe alone. 60, 000 sold a week even now. Responsible for the upsurge in women gamers on the DS he says.

Brain Training: half of the owners are over 26 years old, he says, which is very unusual.

In Japan, the series sold over 5 million copies since May 2005. In nine weeks it's sold 500k in Europe, which took 17 weeks in Japan, he says.

In Germany, Brain Training is on top of the charts two months after launch, he tells us. DS software has dominated European charts in July and August.

He's showing Nintendo's favourite graph: the one that shows sales spiking in later weeks, and not just big sales in the first week that tail off.

Comment

EDIT: Was duplicate of above.

Comment

Booooorrrriiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg.

Comment

more DS sales talk, not worth a copy & paste

Comment

Oh please, we've had plenty of talk about sales figures on these forums lol.

Comment

13:10.52 An audience member has self-combusted. No-one notices because they're all asleep.

WIIIIIIIIIIIII

Comment

It's not getting released today then

13:12.06 -

"In the very near future we'll be launching another console that will go even further in making games accessible and fun for everyone."

Gabby's back. Introducing Wii Sports' boxing game. Shibata's going to play against Iwata, who they say is actually in Japan.

A hologram of your player in front of you, jabbing with the Wii remote and Nunchuck.

Comment

Shibata and Iwata are gonna have a boxing match now (in Wii Sports, not real life)

Comment

This sucks...

Comment

13:14.18 -
                      Aha! And Satoru Iwata's walked on behind him. "And this is what goes on when you think I'm away."

"I woke up many hours ago and many thousands of miles away, so I assure you I won't take any more time than necessary to share my thoughts."

13:14.40 -
                      He's talking about the very-old days of working out what to do after the NES. The same questions have continued ever since, he says.

He says we've been focused on tech up to now. I think I've typed him saying that at about 15 different conferences now.

13:15.35 -
                      He points to four significant moments of introducing products that changed things. 1) DS. 2) Touch! Generations games.

13:16.25 -
                      He loves him some Touch! Generations. Because they're not just escapism. Right. 3) Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Comment

Comment

14:14.18 - Aha! And Satoru Iwata?s walked on behind him. ?And this is what goes on when you think I?m away.?

?I woke up many hours ago and many thousands of miles away, so I assure you I won?t take any more time than necessary to share my thoughts.?

14:14.40 - He?s talking about the very-old days of working out what to do after the NES. The same questions have continued ever since, he says.

He says we?ve been focused on tech up to now. I think I?ve typed him saying that at about 15 different conferences now.

08:15.35 - He points to four significant moments of introducing products that changed things. 1) DS. 2) Touch! Generations games

08:16.25 - He loves him some Touch! Generations. Because they?re not just escapism. Right. 3) Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.
                          How did the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection change anything?

Comment

Eurogamer just broke!

Comment

i think once this is over we need one consolidated nintendo wii thread with just the facts in

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Hadi
                                "Needs more Wii-Bell!"

Comment

Working...
                                X