Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, but it would seem that Nintendo don't agree:

"I think people have to look back and let it settle in," Kaplan said. "I'm sure people felt the same way when Google was named - or the iPod. Napster. Yahoo. There's a whole host of unusual names that have become a part of everyday conversation and I think they're viewed now as unique."
    The thing Kaplan is totally missing here, is Wii isn't unique - Wii is everywhere, and it's smelly. You don't get iPod sloshing around in the gents lavvy down the the Royal Oak, you don't have to clean the Napster from around the rim of your loo, you don't have to bleach Google to stop it giving you nasty results.

I'm really struggling to comprehend how Nintendo thought that was a good name - it's really mind boggling.

We all know what happens when you let wii settle in - it stains.
    Last edited by MartyG; 27-04-2006, 21:43.

Comment

Tell me i'm not the only person thinking about 'Gonads and Strife.'

"Oh my god, there was this console released and I was like weeeeeeeee!"

Comment

I had a chat over Live about this and to actually say:

"Nintendo Wii" is just an embarassment. Go ahead, try it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Kotatsu Neko
          Well at least they've got us all talking. All publicity is good publicity... right?
          I'm sure we'd all be talking if Nintendo HQ exploded. So no.

Comment

I think its hilarious and very daft indeed. I really think they ought to change it here and in the US as it will be a real problem for them, these days people are simple enough to write products off simply because of the name.

Still its great for gags, i particually enjoyed the knights who say wii a few pages back.

Comment

Nintendo have said time and again that the Rev's...erm... I mean the Wee's ethos is to bring on board people who wouldn't usually approach games due to them being put off by traditional gaming conventions ie: joypads.

Fair enough, but you have to draw the convention-breaking line somewhere and choosing such a mind boggling name is one step too far. How did they think that naming it `Piss` isn't going to alienate the majority of the audience they are trying to attract in the first place?

Comment

Let's just go back to calling it the Revolution.

Comment

That actually might work. If everyone refused to call it WEE then they might change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevvy Metal
                    Please god this can't be true. I grew to like dreamcast and well, pretty much every console name has seemed a bit **** to begin with but this is just sooooo bad!

I had real hopes for nintendo but this seems like instant western teritory death. I hated the revolution name as well but wii!!?

why not call it "ii" pronouced "ee" i could still mantain all the stupid whackyness and the whole two player, controllers thing without sounding like piss or an excitable child.

tis a dark day.
                    so you hate it but you put it in your avatar?
                    Why not put a Ban sign around it "No Wii"

Comment

First console mod for the Wii, possibly a replacement logo?

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X
                        Let's just go back to calling it the Revolution.
                        Thank god.

I for one will be scraping the name "Wii" off the console and putting a Revolution logo on it.

I guess i will have to do it with my brain too q

Comment

I've a feeling this link > http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform.jsp < is going to be hammered over the next few days (I've already used it myself ).

There's a petition with 500 sigs already too > http://www.petitiononline.com/vplchin/petition.html

One of many I'll wager.

Comment

Ban request for anybody saying 'Wii'.

I consider it offensive language.

Comment

Where is my wiimote?

Geez it sounds like Bugs Bunny saying it..

Comment

i'm sticking with revo, wii smells.

Comment

Working...
                                X