No announcement yet.

Nintendo Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 99% sure that we will see similar (maybe on a slightly lesser scale) shortages as we experienced with 360 last year. NO ONE is guaranteeing machines for launch if they are preordered now and havent been since late September. GAME have stopped all instore preorders 2 weeks ago, Play have stopped a couple of weeks back too and the buzz hasnt even started yet. Once the ads and marketing kick in, thats when the talk will start in the playgrounds and i am sure it will go crazy for them.
    An 8th December launch means only 1 perhaps 2 allocations to stores at a push so Good Luck to anyone who hasnt ordered.

Comment

Has a Nintendo console ever sold out on launch, apart from the N64 when stock was limited? Initially Nintendo reckoned they could easily supply the UK meaning you could pick one up off the shelf, but this doesn't seem to be looking so likely now. Hopefully Nintendo will be able to keep supply up though as they've not faced the same problems as MS/Sony have.

Comment

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7284 < Video of Mario 64 on the virtual console.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender
          Has a Nintendo console ever sold out on launch.
          Has a Nintendo console ever launched at christmas in the UK before though?

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
            http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7284 < Video of Mario 64 on the virtual console.
            Nice, shame that version was never released outside of japan. Had the rumble feature added in and a couple of star glitchs fixed.

Comment

Why doesn't the game fill the screen? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Samiad
                Why doesn't the game fill the screen? Hmmm
                They're playing it on a widescreen TV and it's a 4:3 game so that's why the borders are there, BUT, the video clip has been recorded in anamorphic widescreen but is shown in a 4:3 frame. Which makes everything look thin.

Comment

Whats up with mario having very light blue overalls?

Comment

Originally posted by El Leone
                    Whats up with mario having very light blue overalls?
                    Obviously going for the stone-washed look to fit in with today's crowd.

Comment

Find in-depth gaming news and hands-on reviews of the latest video games, video consoles and accessories.

Just a little bit of news about component cables being retail bound.

Comment

Preorder? Just walk into Asda, Sainsburys or Tesco. Last place anyone ever thinks of looking for some reason.

Comment

If it's going to be anything like the 360 then all my local supermarkets will be understocked and sold out. The only Tescos and Asda stores near me which even had stock had people queuing for hours to make sure they got one, it took many months before they actually had any on the shelves without it selling out within a day.

Comment

Game were the best place for 360's even tho alot of people got burnt they were the first to restock. I just rang them every morning for about a week and they put one aside for me to pick up.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveannie
                              Preorder? Just walk into Asda, Sainsburys or Tesco. Last place anyone ever thinks of looking for some reason.
                              We had people queing since 8am for 360's. Got 13 consoles in.

You basically had to turn up, they'd give you a ticket and you had to wait there.

This is the Asda I work at btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                                ...they'd give you a ticket and you had to wait there.

This is the Asda I work at btw.
                                What, like queuing up for the deli counter?

Comment

Working...
                                X