Puyo Pop Fever - 7
    Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror - 7
    Metal Gear Acid 2 - 7
    Lostmagic - 6
    Shadow Hearts: From the New World - 6
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - 3
    Monster Hunter: Freedom - 6

Features:

GDC2006 - We explore the developments at this year's Games Developers Conference in San Jose.

Fun Everyone?
    - Will the PS3 make a triumphant debut? Can it avoid the pitfuls of prior launches? GamesTM investigates what lies ahead for the new console.

The Players: Radical
    - Radical Entertainments Jason Bone talks about the pressure of resurrecting Tony Montana.

The gamesTM Bible Of... Horror
    - The first in a bi-monthly signature series that looks at the success and workings of a genre

Interview: Richard Garriott
    - He builds haunted houses, owns 70 acres, numerous horses and carries a shotgun. Legend.

Community
    - We fly out to shanghai to chat with the Ubisoft creates behind Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Toby Gard: Tomb Raider - The creator of Lara Croft at Core Design and consultant on legend reveals all about lara.

(sorry for any typos, just touch typed it quickly).

There appear to be some interesting scores in there. Going by all the reviews I've read of Syphon Filter (and the thread in first play) a 7 seems like it may be a bit harsh, but as I haven't actually got round to reading any of the magazine yet, I don't really know :P

Did i miss somthing or have they reviewed the Jp releases for FF? I thought both of these games were Nov. Gutted about the DoC score though was kinda lookin forward to it.

Final Fantasy 12 - 8 - 27 October 2006
    Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII - 3

Found the date for FF12 but cant even find a UK date for DoC.
    Last edited by djtickle; 15-05-2006, 09:23.

Comment

The text in their screenshots are all in Japanese so I would imagine it's an import review, but the first paragraph doesn't make any mention of it - it just discusses how many copies it's sold in Japan, then goes straight into the review.

Decided (this is what happens when students get given study leave - we waste it doing pointless things ) to take a picture of the front cover.

Comment

Nice pic of the front cover. Any chance of a pic of the 2 FF games, if you could that would be great!

Ah right, its gonna feel like a age before i get to play these games. I hope the US release comes sooner.

I mean i might even have a ps3 and a Wii before i get to play them!!

cheers!

Comment

Time to get the GamesTM is a shadow of it's former self ball rolling . Is FFVIIoC really as bad as they're making out? Some pretty average scores there, Brian Training especially.

Comment

Cheers for them pics, seems like a decent read. Is this out in the shops now of you have a sub?

Comment

Sub, so in all honesty I have no idea if it's out in the shops or not. I was a bit suprised when it arrived though. Every issue so far (~10) has arrived on either Friday or Saturday. Either I'm late (which I doubt, as there aren't any posts anywhere about it) or it's just been delivered 5 days early. Either way, I'm not bothered

Comment

haha...the shiny PS3 logo on the cover is something my mate created (he was art ed on PSM2 mag at Future) a couple of years back to go with a few mocks of the system before it was officially revealed.

Congrats to the art editor on GamesTM...too lazy to design you're own huh?

Comment

I must say, the cover looks remarkably like late '90s EDGE. Same fonts and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                    haha...the shiny PS3 logo on the cover is something my mate created (he was art ed on PSM2 mag at Future) a couple of years back to go with a few mocks of the system before it was officially revealed.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content...e=pub&aid=1786

Congrats to the art editor on GamesTM...too lazy to design you're own huh?
                    ha ha well spotted, if I was yer m8 I would be getting a few lawyers on them!

GamesTM is almost as lazy as Sony with that

Comment

Brain Training a 6? Looks like they really don't 'get it'. Non gamers and casuals love Brain Training, they spend hours and hours with it.

Comment

Originally posted by oblivion_6
                        ha ha well spotted, if I was yer m8 I would be getting a few lawyers on them!

GamesTM is almost as lazy as Sony with that
                        I've just txt'd him now cause I don't think he'll have seen it yet. I'll let you know if anything comes of it

Comment

I really don't understand the average reviews that Brain Training has been getting. It's one of only two DS games that I've played every day for two weeks in a row. It appeals to gamers of all backgrounds and is actually much more fun than it has any right to be.

One of the best games of this generation if you ask me.

Comment

"Wii - is Nintendo taking the piss?"

Bravo whoever wrote that. They should go into writing for sitcoms.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                              I really don't understand the average reviews that Brain Training has been getting. It's one of only two DS games that I've played every day for two weeks in a row. It appeals to gamers of all backgrounds and is actually much more fun than it has any right to be.

One of the best games of this generation if you ask me.
                              I guess it doesn't have enough explosions in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X