Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sega Ages Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box - Worth Getting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Ages Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box - Worth Getting?

Okay before I start I have to tell u that I have a Megadrive Emulator Disc for my DC which contains hundreds of MD games, so I already have Gunstar Heroes, Dynamite Heady & Alien Soldier. I also have GSH & DH for my MD.
    I've noticed that the sound on Gunstar & Heady run slower than their Cartridge versions but I've never played the MD version of Alien Soldier so I cant tell if its different.

What I need to know is is it worth buying GSH Treasure Box on Jap PS2 if I have all 3 titles already & do they run like their MD conterparts or run like my DC emulations?

It's pretty cheap at Lik-Sang & includes free shipping, but I'll have to buy a SwapMagic for my old style PS2, so thats another ?18 too.

Id recomend running those Emulations on your PC, the Gens emulator is about the best there is.

Id recomend all games in mention are overrated too. Doesnt mean not good...but...meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
      Id recomend running those Emulations on your PC, the Gens emulator is about the best there is.

Id recomend all games in mention are overrated too. Doesnt mean not good...but...meh.
      I love GSH & DH!. I've had them since they were released on the MD & they are still fun to play even now. I'm a big fan of all things Treasure have made & although they mainly make shoot em ups they always seem to be able to think of new ways in which u use your controller.

I'd never played Alien Soldier before I got the emulator. Its too expensive to buy on cart but I just wondered if the PS2 versions of these games ran like the emulator or like their MD/Genesis versions.

Comment

I ordered this from Play Asia last week - will report back when i've played and tested it. Alien Soldier is one of my fave games - for some bizarre reason it reminds me of Shadow of the colussus (all the boss battles) + I think i'm gonna miss save states lol...

Comment

Working...
        X