dilemma, would you......?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dilemma, would you......?

keep a console because it had some serious achievements on the cartridges in the form of save games?

Basically i found a Pal N64 in an official carry case in the loft and i was planning to sell it, but i'm not so sure now

It comes with 14 games, but some of the games have some great saves on them and i know for a fact i wont ever achieve it again and after playing as mr blonde on Perfect dark i know i wont as i am teh ass (mince being old)

Same with Ocarina - had a wee fight with Ganon and he booted my ass

some of the achievements that i've noticed are:

Super Mario 64
    121 Stars and immediate access to Yoshi on the top of the castle

Goldeneye
    007 level

Perfect dark
    Perfect Agent level on most levels

Super Mario Kart 64
    100% complete with special tracks

Pilot wings
    Golds on almost every level except 2 - 2 or 3 minigames unlocked

Zelda - Ocarina of time
    Save starts you at Ganon and i seem to have almost everything and about 30 hearts

Seriously thinking about keeping it, is there anything you've wrestled with in the past because its a great save or you've put alot of time and effort into it

Originally posted by buster_broon
    121 Stars and immediate access to Yoshi on the top of the castle
    You must tell me where that extra star is?!

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
      You must tell me where that extra star is?!
      to be honest i thought it was only 120

check the photo's
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
        to be honest i thought it was only 120

check the photo's
        Wow . Probably a Action replay thing, anyone know differently? Anything different on the score sheet?

Comment

Get rid of them and repeat those feats in your NTSC versions.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaMan X
            Wow . Probably a Action replay thing, anyone know differently?
            never actually used anything action replay on any of my machines

i know there is a glitch in the DS version of the game in teh ghost house where you can collect 2 stars at once, maybe i did that

Comment

I'd sell them. You know you did it so why keep them? (most impressive by the way!)

Comment

I remember something about 121 stars but I did some searching and it seems that there isn't one. I could have sworn there was one for getting 100 coins from around the castle or something like that...

There was an Action Replay-style cart for the N64 called the Game Killer or something like that which was the most pointless thing - it wouldn't let you do cool cheats like the AR (I bought an AR just for the codes which unlocked all the single player Goldeneye levels for multiplayer) but would effectively complete the game for you and unlock everything. As I remember it gave you 121 stars in Mario 64, so maybe these aren't your great achievements

Comment

Originally posted by NekoFever
                  There was an Action Replay-style cart for the N64 called the Game Killer or something like that which was the most pointless thing - it wouldn't let you do cool cheats like the AR (I bought an AR just for the codes which unlocked all the single player Goldeneye levels for multiplayer) but would effectively complete the game for you and unlock everything. As I remember it gave you 121 stars in Mario 64, so maybe these aren't your great achievements
                  just to state again that i've never used any cheat thingy as i hate 3rd party pheripherals

just hate them - so it would be nice to find out how the heck i've got 121 stars

Jason

Comment

Get rid, your posts here will mean that your achievments have been kept forever and fellow gamers can give you all the Kudos you deserve.

Comment

It don't count for much in the grand scheme of things, sunny jim. And you can't take it with you - Sell the lot!

Comment

found this on the net:

I made this tip just to say, THERE ARE NOT 121 STARS IN THE GAME. There is a rumor of a glitch that allows you to get the star from the final bowser from outside the castle. THIS IS A GLITCH ON SOME GAMES AND IS NOT AN OFFICIAL STAR. Also, people might say that star you get from Bowser 3 is star 121, it is not, it is ot counted and it is to show that you have beaten the game. One more thing, LUIGI IS NON-EXISTANT IN SUPER MARIO 64. Despite the rumors sinse the game has come out, Luigi does not exist. The rumor was started by people who have no life and wanted to stir chaos into the SM64 world. Do not waste the time or energy looking for these two above things. Trust me, find something better to do.

kinda bizarre - i know i wouldnt have cheated on this as i've got the 120 stars a few times - fecking bung disc doctor v64 erased the cart and to be honest i dont ever remember getting 121 stars - maybe the fact its been off for so long a wee bug is present

Comment

I know what you mean Broon, I have kept my N64 games which i adored so much, DKR, GE, PD ooT MM completing those 100% is something i dont wanna part with

the question is, why the n64? I have 100%'d loads of games, why these? :|

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
                            Answer: It's the finest system on the planet . Personally if i had to sell everything Nintendo my 64 stuff would be last, of course that hopefully will never happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
                              Because those achievements are a pyhisical part of the cartridge? Once you sell it, that's it. Gone forever...

With CD systems at least you can still keep your achievement on a memory card even if you sell the game.

Anyway, I still say bin them, especially since you'll still have other copies of those games.

I've given up of loads of nice save files in the past when switching from PAL to NTSC copies, or simply because I've erased them after selling the game/console, only to end up re-buying it/one. Can't say I really miss any of them. I actually find it quite fun to start an old game I know well from scratch again.

Comment

Working...
                              X