Tired using a gamepad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired using a gamepad

Recently I have been bored gaming with a pad. Don?t know what it is but I sometimes avoid playing games that use a pad, 95% of my games do

For example on the DC and PS1 I mostly play my shooters and fighters with the AC stick.

Can?t wait for my Initial D racing wheel to show up, so I will be able to play ID and Kaido Battle properly. The PS2 pad hurting my hand as it is now.

To fully appreciate VJ in the future I know I need an AC stick.

Maybe it has to do with my love in arcade gameing or that I feel more in control with a stick/wheel?

Guess its temporary but that?s how I feel atm. anyone else choosing what to play after what controller that is used?

i just become used to using a pad for pretty much everything... gets to a point where i don't even realise i have one in my hands, but recently i've been getting bored of my games too, don't think it's down to the pad though.

Comment

I hate pads, I dont use them wherever possible, Viewtiful Joe is wicked on a stick ^^
      Dunno what it is but games blatantly feel different on a stick, you can be so much more precise.

Comment

I think your hands become accustomed to moving in certain ways - I remember when I first began to use a stick for fighters/shooters, it felt weird & alien - now it feels natural, & playing any fighting game with a pad feels strange.

I've never got on with wheels though - I suppose I don't have the lightness of touch to use a wheel effectively.

Comment

I need to use decent pads for shoot em ups. I can't understand why I'm not able to use arcade sticks. I love using sticks for fighters and virtua tennis though. It feels so right!

Comment

I think the problem i have with arcade sticks in to the home is the weight problem, i have had a number of fighting sticks and have found some to be two light the one, i found most easy to use was the offical saturn one as it weighs a ton, nothing like a good solid heavy!!!! stick can be beaten in a fighting game

nothing is more anoying than a stick thats slideing about all over the place how d people cope with this

Comment

Well if its a good stick you should'nt have to pust hard enough to move the entire joystick. Thats why i think some people have trouble with the DC stick because it's loose, people seem to think you need to yank the joystick in a direction eg: killer instinct , mk cabs.

Comment

Working...
              X