Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wii video footage - is this all really possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt they are the correct prices, retailers just don't want to get ****ed over by have to honour lower prices

Comment

The possibilities with this remote are only bound by the imagination of the Games designers, could be fun or could get stale, we will see!
      Last edited by VR46; 03-06-2006, 06:54. Reason: removed some text

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
        The possibilities with this remote are only bound by the imagination of the Games designers, could be fun or could get stale, we will see!
        Sadly, the possibilities are limited by the publishers who will be willing to spend the cash on developing these 'innovative' games

Comment

Jus watched the video on plays website, not bad it plays a lot more fun than id expected. Cant wait! On a seperate note, Play have the PS3 slated over 500 quid for a preorder price, sheesh!

Anyways, Is that the official advert for the console then? They had a lot of japanese peeps on it. I must admit graphically some of the games looks very un finished and un polished. Or was me eyes fooling me at such a late time of night?

Comment

The Wii concept is tailor-made for promotional videos of happy people poncing about with the controller. I do fear the gameplay reality may be disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by angelx
              wii will see!
              Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                I do fear the gameplay reality may be disappointing.
                Me too, everyone (inc myself) are like totally into this whole new concept of gaming, but in reality no one has played the games for long periods of time i.e. 2/3 hours. Even those at E3 didn't play the titles that long as i think the longest demo there lasted 30 mins. It could end up a tiresome experience having to move your arms about for long periods of time.

In the end you could end up just wanting to lay back and relax and play something. Hence a traditional style of play with a standard controller would be better.

Comment

Calm down, guys..
                  Last edited by SubparMario; 03-06-2006, 00:40. Reason: heh

Comment

Hasnt it been stated that you can up the sensetivity of it so only a small hand movement would do. I doubt they expect people to play like some of the e3 vids showed all the time, and isnt there a normal pad coming out with the wii which will allow standard controlls. Or did i imagen all of e3.

Comment

The ironic thing may be, that after using the wand for an hour or two, it will probably seem refreshing to sit down with the 360 or PS3 joypad and play what will seem ' traditional ' and more relaxing. Just like using a Nes/Snes joypad was after we first got the Dual Shocks and Xbox pads etc...

Apart from the games looking pretty nice and fun, if not a bit too simplistic, with too much of a hand-held game vibe, I'm not feeling much enthusiasm for the wand and all the waving arms etc...

The Eye-Toy never appealed to me. I'm not someone who needs to prove to anyone that games can be fun, by giving them something totally different to a normal gaming experience and in many ways much more simplistic.

I think the Wii is going to appeal to the massmarket as a bit of a gimmick, and the price we no doubt make it a big hit, but I can't see people buying as many games for the machine, because most people will probably find the machine a novelty they use now and then, rather than embrace it in a serious way and hunger for new games. ( If the games really will be ?50.. then I won't buy many, only the AAA titles )

I will probably feel the same way. It offers something a bit different, but not necessarily better, and despite Nintendo probably making some good games for it, I can see myself playing on my 360 & PS3 more.

It was great to see that Pilotwings style game the kid was playing!

Comment

Originally posted by wush
                        Calm down, guys..
                        Quite, edited out the personal digs.

Comment

I think that Mr Blair should be promoting the Wii for health benefits. People could get fit while playing games!!

And for those who would get tired of playing because of your poor arms getting a bit tired all I can say is its about time you got off your fat arses & did summat.

The problem is that its the lazy fattys (the majority) that may determine whether this console lives or dies.

Comment

Originally posted by the_dude
                            Me too, everyone (inc myself) are like totally into this whole new concept of gaming, but in reality no one has played the games for long periods of time i.e. 2/3 hours. Even those at E3 didn't play the titles that long as i think the longest demo there lasted 30 mins. It could end up a tiresome experience having to move your arms about for long periods of time.

In the end you could end up just wanting to lay back and relax and play something. Hence a traditional style of play with a standard controller would be better.
                            Me too , Most of the game look too simplistic and one that you not just tire of waving your arms around but tire of the games them self's . Also have my doubts on the range of the sensor and how well the pick up works in general use inthe home . Mario Looks ace, Monketball should be fun and Virtual Console is showing up LIVE Arcade already, and its not even out yet , but there's little else onthe Wii for me . The controler and those spec's will hurt NCL inthe next couple of years imo .

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                              Me too , Most of the game look too simplistic and one that you not just tire of waving your arms around but tire of the games them self's . Also have my doubts on the range of the sensor and how well the pick up works in general use inthe home . Mario Looks ace, Monketball should be fun and Virtual Console is showing up LIVE Arcade already, and its not even out yet , but there's little else onthe Wii for me . The controler and those spec's will hurt NCL inthe next couple of years imo .
                              It will sell well imo. I think it will be a success. The mainstream market, even non-gamers will lap-it-up, because the price is low and I bet the marketing will be pretty slick.

It has that DS vibe to it. A device people will buy because it's fun, and offers something different. Also because it will be a must-have item when the non-gaming media say it's fun and cool for parties etc... just like they did with the eye-toy.

The only possibly negative effect the machine will have on Nintendo is with it's loyal hardcore fan base, and serious gamers. These people want not only great playable games, but ones that look amazing. The Wii may produce some nice visuals, but compared to what the PS3 and 360 will be doing, Wii games will look old-skool, despite whatever charm or style they have.

Maybe... it's a good thing for Nintendo. They obviously want their own niche, and in many ways they have been trying to build towards this situation. The success of the DS ( Japan in particular ) .. has probably fueled Nintendo's belief that being different is a positive and succesful way to do business.

If the Wii does garner the success I think it will ( at least in the first 2years ).. I don't think Nintendo will ever embrace the Hi-Tech side of videogaming again.

Time will tell!
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 03-06-2006, 09:14.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
                                It will sell well imo. I think it will be a success. The mainstream market, even non-gamers will lap-it-up, because the price is low and I bet the marketing will be pretty slick.

It has that DS vibe to it. A device people will buy because it's fun, and offers something different. Also because it will be a must-have item when the non-gaming media say it's fun and cool for parties etc... just like they did with the eye-toy.

The only possibly negative effect the machine will have on Nintendo is with it's loyal hardcore fan base, and serious gamers. These people want not only great playable games, but ones that look amazing. The Wii may produce some nice visuals, but compared to what the PS3 and 360 will be doing, Wii games will look old-skool, despite whatever charm or style they have.

Maybe... it's a good thing for Nintendo. They obviously want their own niche, and in many ways they have been trying to build towards this situation. The success of the DS ( Japan in particular ) .. has probably fueled Nintendo's belief that being different is a positive and succesful way to do business.

If the Wii does garner the success I think it will ( at least in the first 2years ).. I don't think Nintendo will ever embrace the Hi-Tech side of videogaming again.

Time will tell!
                                Don't get me wrong , I'm not one of these saying NCl is doomed and do another SEGA becasue they won't and NCl will everybody out. I think it be another CUBE sell's like hotcakes at the start and for 2 years in everything will be rosy , then the main gamers will move to the 360 and PS3 .

NCL still have the most loyal fans out of the lot and that will make sure the Wii sells 10 to 15 million units anyway and NCL will make a tons of that alone . But I think the gamers that go in a shop each to buy a game with go with the 360 and PS3 for thier needs, and it those gamers that shops and 3rd party's need .
                                Also if it true about the Wii have such low Ram that will really hurt in a couple of years time, more so when the 360 and PS3 really start to show what they can do and HD TV sets just take off .

The big thing for me though is that there's nothing wrong or better than a Twin Stick pad for gaming

Comment

Working...
                                X