Valve : Half life 2 ep 1-3 ARE Half life 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    Or maybe portal 2 was turned into episode 3, after all episode 2 finishes with the hunt for the borealis, and theres always the possibility that the portal lab was on the ship as well.

Just a thought.
    That would tie in nicely.

Also, I've literally just got past that part in the story. I thought "ooooh!! That's the company from Portal!".

I don't like Portal though.

Comment

Yeah, i'm not a big fan of portal either. Don't quite get all the love for it, however the story in it is Valve greatness.

Comment

now we know that the 'surprise' (apostrophes required) is not Episode 3, the Internet has apparently decided that it is HL3. Running on Source 2.

"info" from an anonymous "source"

Comment

It would be amusing if all the anouncement actually was just something like "All Team Fortress 2 updates are coming to the 360." or "Counter Strike: Source is heading to the 360".

Despite those announcements being smaller than what people seem to be expecting, I'd still be pretty excited about either of those being true.

Comment

P2 delayed, was planned for E3.

Comment

So the surprise news is just related to Portal 2?

No HL3?...

Or even Ep3?...

Comment

So what's the announcement? Left 4 Dead 3?

Get those online petitions at the ready.

Comment

Shame, but you can't help but love their press release.

VALVE ANNOUNCES MAKING GAMES IS HARD

June 9, 2010 -- Aperture Science, doing business as Aperture Laboratories LLC, in partnership with Valve today announced the successful completion of an ethics-review-panel-supervised release date restructuring process. Portal 2, the sequel to the ground-breaking title that earned over 30 Game of the Year awards despite missing its original ship date, is now targeted for a 2011 release.
                  Representatives from both companies acknowledged that public safety concerns factored into the decision. They went on to say that even though Portal 2 will arrive slightly later than planned, all life on earth won't instantaneously stop as every molecule in your body explodes at the speed of light, which is what would happen should a rip ever appear in the fabric of Valve Time.
                  "Also, the game will be even better," they added, missing an historic opportunity to create the first product delay press release to mention that a product is being delayed to make it worse.
                  To ask questions about how close we all came to dying, or to ask futile questions about the previously announced E3 ***PORTAL-2-THEMED-FOR-GOD'S SAKE*** surprise or, less futilely, to schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's delegate to the EU's Valve Time Studies Group, Doug Lombardi.
                  edit - I can't help but think this is a big wind up, even though I'm setting myself up for a disappointing E3!
                  Last edited by PeteJ; 09-06-2010, 21:07.

Comment

Haha would be a nice move to wind us up like that then show up at E3 with an amazing Portal 2 showcase.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      Haha would be a nice move to wind us up like that then show up at E3 with an amazing Portal 2 showcase.
                      He did, just for Sony

Comment

blackmesaresearchfacility.com

I thought maybe it could have been genuine at first but looking at the copyright notice they've replaced the letter a with λ as you can see below.

Copyright © Blλck Mesa Research Facility

On the site the lamda symbol is also a link to a YouTube video or if you just hold your cursor over the symbol it brings up a hidden message.

There's an employment link on there which I filled in with my details and put Gordon Freeman as the Black Mesa employee who referred me to them and it brought up something else that was hidden.

EDIT:
                        Just been looking at the YouTube channel the video is on. Meet MrNerfTron who of course looks nothing like Gabe Newell.

He has a links to his blog (worth reading) and this is his profile.

-=nerfTron=-

About Me
                        Kevin Flynn is a young and gifted programmer who once worked for the software corporation ENCOM, creating several video games on the company's mainframe after hours, aiming to start his own game company. However, another programmer, Ed Dillinger, locked Flynn out of the system and presented Flynn's work as his own. Dillinger earned himself a series of executive promotions, while Flynn was relegated to working at a video game arcade, featuring the games that he created.

Interests
                        Counter Strike
                        Movies

Favourite Films
                        Back to the Future
                        Twelve Monkeys
                        Tron
                        Deja Vu
                        Lost(s04e05)
                        Last edited by JP; 08-07-2010, 23:40.

Comment

I'm still raw over the Portal 2 announcement. I was hyped up for anything really and that had to be the must lackluster announcement I can think of.

Comment

It's nothing new, just found these from a few days back. There's probably a lot more info out there than I picked up on.

Comment

Apparently Valve are looking to introduce sign language in HL2 Episode 3. If properly implemented it could really raise the bar in regards to stoytelling and the emotional ties players feel towards in-game characters - an area where Valve already rule the roost. It could also open the doors to new gameplay possibilities; imagine travelling with a mute and having to understand what he wants by reading his body movements, or getting a quick lesson in sign language and later relying on your memory of said lesson to quickly make important decisions under stressful conditions. Could be brilliant and another feather in Half Life's cap.

Comment

man, you know that theres basically no ep3 news when you're posting stuff from over a year ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X