No announcement yet.

Valve : Half life 2 ep 1-3 ARE Half life 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a heads-up that Episode 2 is ridiculously cheap on Steam right now. You know, to make up for Ep3 not existing.

Comment

Boom.

As with everything related to the perennial whisper-fest that is Half-Life's release schedule, take the following with …

(more rumours)

Comment

I didn't think there ever was an Episode 4? Either way, Ep3 is definitely a gonner.

Comment

Duke Nukem Forever 2: Half-Life 2 Ep3. The ultimate crossover.

Comment

Damn you all. Every time this thread pops up I dare to hope...

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
              Boom.

As with everything related to the perennial whisper-fest that is Half-Life's release schedule, take the following with …

(more rumours)
              [Update] Yep, it?s bollocks.

Doug Lombardi issued a statement to Game Informer on this subject which seems pretty conclusive:

?This is fiction (aside from the fact that Mike D is a real person).?

Well, there you go. We can continue to wait in silence intill Valve decide to speak... Don't hold your breath.

Comment

Calm down, it's not suddenly appeared! A petition has appeared with an initial 10,000 gamers to get Valve to respond to fans regarding Episode 3/HL3. The aim seems pretty reasonable. They're not after the game or any grand gesture, merely for Valve to communicate better with the Half Life community as to why it promised the installments and then ceased releases for 4 years without acknowledging so to those it had promised them to.

I think anything regarding HL3 isn't going to happen as that's entirely in Valve's court but with Episode 3 it wouldn't be unreasonable for Valve to at least say 'It's not cancelled, it's just not ready'

Comment

Surely they're just making a new game engine for hl3. I can't see any reason they wouldn't not make any more half life games as they turn a good profit.
                  Though one problem with it being years since the last episode a lot of fans will just move on and forget about it. Sure hardcore fans won't but general fans will. Episode 2 will have been out for 5 years this year. Way way too long for an installment.

Comment

Does make me curious as to what happened with Ep 3

Comment

I think they've just been distracted/occupied with things like TF2, Portal, Left 4 Dead and DoTA 2. I'm not usually one to imply that Valve owe their fans anything after such a great run of games but ending Ep2 on that sort of cliffhanger and leaving it this long is akin to never getting a "proper" ending to Twin Peaks.

Comment

I only played HL2 through to completion a couple of years back, and even I'm feeling the grind now. I'm glad I didn't play it originally and had to be drip fed the updates.

Comment

Good shout this, I remember and resent the original promise. I might not have bothered if I'd known it would go dry for nearly a decade.

Comment

Quit bumping this ****** thread!

Comment

I wonder if Valve had been developing it straight away after episode 2, but they didn't feel what they were making was of good enough quality to release, so they put it on the back burner for a while.

I say this, as I remeber someone from Valve saying that they will work on a project if enough people are excited about it internally at Valve. Maybe they were just a bit burned out after HL2, E1 & E2 at the time.

Comment

Episodic content lol. Corrie gets out 5 episodes a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X