No announcement yet.

Valve : Half life 2 ep 1-3 ARE Half life 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like many gamers I'd love to see Episode 3, but that it hasn't yet materialised (and maybe never will) doesn't bother me nor, to my mind, detract from the brilliance of the series. I think it will see the light of day eventually, but only when it's ready, and I wouldn't want it any other way. Too many games are rushed out and poorer for it.

Comment

It's out

Comment

Downloading now.

Comment

Twats.

Comment

A set of concept art purporting to be from Half Life 2: Episode 3 has made its way onto the web. Somehow procured by un…

Half Life 2: Episode 3 revealed!

Don't get excited, it's just some art work which is said to be from 2008.

Comment

While we're talking Valve - They've actually released some stuffs!
              Source Film Maker - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zri1...layer_embedded

Meet the Pyro (so so awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                Meet the Pyro (so so awesome)
                He he, superb. Love the Meet the series!

Regarding the Episode 3 concept art. Man, what a tease.

Surely that can't be Alyx. Why is she white?

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                  Brilliant!

Comment

Update: Dragon Age 3 and Half-Life 3 appearing on the Gamescom-compiled list of games at the show was "a mistake", the …

Gamescom have claimed that Half Life 3 will be at the show though takes no responsibility for the inaccuracy of that statement

If it does turn up I'll be interested to see what Valve do with it but I'd be lying to say I'd be mega hyped. I enjoyed Half Life, Half Life 2 and HL Episodes but it was in that order so its a hint of diminishing returns, coupled with the amount of years it's been means I feel a little bit over it. I'd rather Portal 3

Comment

Oh yes.

Hope it's true and will be a nice little reveal after a muted E3 2012.

Comment

Some references to a new source engine were found inside the film maker. That could be why it's taken so long

Comment

Been confirmed it's not going to be shown by Valve

Comment

Valve aren't the types to announce something at a conference like that anyway, expect a trail of clues that'll send forums across the internet into a frenzy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gabe has already been to Mars and left the first clue up there.

Comment

Source engine 2 confirmed!

Valve confirms Source 2

Valve has been tight-lipped about the possibility of a new Source engine, never explicitly denying one but implying last year that it prefers to simply update its old engine. Apparently all it took to spill the beans was a nice party, because company president Gabe Newell let out some juicy tidbits when fans paid him a birthday visit.

The group of fans from 4chan.org's /v/ board paid a visit to Valve and posted a video of the event on YouTube (via Joystiq). Newell took some questions, and one fan asked if Valve is working on a new Source engine. His reply is muddied by some audio problems, but the answer seems clear enough.

"We've been working on new engine stuff for a while," Newell said. "We've just been waiting for a game to roll it out with." Just to make sure the response had no room for doubt, a follow-up asked if it's an entirely new engine rather than just an extension to Source, and Newell confirmed with a simple "yeah." He also mentioned a sequel to Ricochet.

In August, fans discovered what seemed to be Source 2 files hidden in the Source Filmmaker. These included references to the current engine as distinguished between "Source 2," along with Source 2 tool icons.
                              Valve boss Gabe Newell has confirmed the company is working on a new Source engine, along with a sequel to Ricochet.

"We've been waiting for a game to roll it out with" man alive! give us another Half Life already.

Comment

Of course it won't be compatible with Windows 8! (sarcasm mode off)

Comment

Working...
                                X