Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I love Capcom so much. Who is your favourite developer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has to be Nintendo for me. They seem to be the only developer that really capture a special factor X that really engages me in the game. Their consistency is also staggering. Whilst they have produced the odd average game (Luigi Mansion, Doshin, Zelda 2, Yoshi's Story) I can think of very few bad games (Yoshi's Safari maybe).

Comment

Capcom are definitely my favourite as well, i love the way they stick to there classic games, resident evil or biohazzard has been going in the same style of gaming for many years, and they are still continuing there classic style 2D games on the GBA. For that i admire them, but i also like the way they are making amasingly orignal and exciting games at the same time, games like PN.03, Viewtifull Joe are very original so, there variation of there new games and continuation of there classic series keeps me very happy.

Comment

It would be impossible for me to list a single favourite developer, but I admire the following (in no particular order):-

Konami - primarily for their Silent Hill games and for making one of the finest PlayStation titles ever: Castlevania SOTN - still untouchable today

Nintendo - I'm shocked they're not on more people's lists; Although I'm more of a Sega boy(!), there is just something special about Nintendo's best games, something so utterly unique to them...

Sega - and all the associated teams under its umbrella. In the 80s they 'owned' the arcade and Sega's arcade heritage and legacy lives on today. Sega make games for people who really care about their gaming and have an individual and very cool aesthetic style.

Treasure - need I say more?

Comment

To be honest, there are too many amazing developers out there, it's unfair to single out just one.

Nintendo, obviously, not much needed to be said there.

Sega, ditto.

Rare, even though they haven't done anything since SFA, which wan't as bad as everyone thought it was.

Konami, for Parodius, Twin Bee, Metal Gear, Contra, the list goes on.

Capcom, because I actually liked the fact that they had a million and one versions of Street Fighter II. It means they are always listening to the fans and updating their games.

Namco, because of the little things, like Tekken bowling, that let me know their making games for us.

Square, for Chrono Trigger. If they only make pure crap from now on, I'll just bring up Chrono Trigger, and everything will be OK.

Treasure, for sticking by their guns and making games for the hard-core.

SNK, because their loved their fans, and it was evident in their work.

Comment

Originally posted by daddy cool
            [img] You might agree, but Id be interested in seeing other people's favourite 3rd party developers.
            The reason why nintendo arent on more peoples lists. come on guys, read the post

Comment

While all of the developers mentioned above are exquisite companies I wan't to give credit to Koei. Especially this generation they really surprised me with all their games. It started with Dynasty Warriors 2 and Kessen and they've build upon that and gave me superior sequels. On top of that some great diversions with Dynasty Tactics and RoTK VII. They now got me hooked on everything remotely connected to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms story and it is very clear the story/games are a lovechild of the producer of these games.

It's this kind of love which imo makes the better games. So for me Kou Shibusawa is almost up there with Miyamoto, Kojima, Naka, Mizuguchi, Suzuki and the likes.

Comment

Working...
              X