Dreamfall - The Longest Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamfall - The Longest Journey

Out on PC now and due for release on Xbox soon.

I am quite dissapointed at how this game seems to be getting overlooked, only saw one copy in Game today and this is a recently released title, while the shelves get filled with so much junk how can it be that something of this quality gets no shelf space.

For those that don't know, this is a sequel to The Longest Journey on PC, one of the most highly rated Adventure games of all time.

Dreamfall has been getting mixed reviews so far, alot of the complaints are focused on the combat and stealth sections of the game, being too easy and simple basically, though this is true it really doesn't affect the enjoyment of the game as its all about the story, talking to npc's and solving some puzzles, some have even said its almost like a movie as it really is heavy on the dialogue and cutscenes, though I never got bored of watching all the cuts and conversations between characters as the story really is of such a high quality.

If you enjoy adventure games, anything like the old monkey islands or even stuff like Jade Empire or even Shenmue I would say this is worth trying out, it kept me hooked from start to finish.

One of the best games this year in my opinion and one that deserves some mention.

Gamespy review: http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/dreamfall/702029p1.html

The combat is really, really bad. If you can overlook that, then the game is a lot of fun. Might be worth saying it's only for people who like heavy story to their game, as their is a lot of dialogue to wade through, and a lot of exploring in classic A to B style.

Also heard that in the greater scheme of things it's number II of III. Which depending on how well this is received, number 3 may not be released as a game, but as a book.

Comment

Working...
    X