The Megadrive - A fantastic console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought of some more last night.

Revenge of Shinobi IMO the peak of the series. Didn't take to Shinobi 3 or Shadow Dancer at all, whereas this seemed perfectly paced, with solid level design and a great soundtrack. Some imaginative bosses as well (Spider-Man )

Golden Axe Actually I realise this is probably nostalgia based as it was the first game that I booted up when I got my Mega Drive, but it showed how much greater, and arcade-authentic, console gaming was. About a week before I got my Mega Drive (Xmas 1990 *sigh*) I got a demo of the Atari ST conversion. Well this knocked it for six, and computer gaming has never been the same since.

Comment

No mention of Ristar yet? That game was inspired.

Comment

When I read the title I could only remember loads of really mediocre efforts, upon reading the thread you've bought very large reminiscent smile to my face.

How could I forget so many !

Oh and Landstalker.

Comment

Gunstar Heroes
          Sonic 1
          Contra

I picked up my Megadrive recently and EA hockey still holds that magic for me.

Comment

Indeed the MD is a wonderful machine. My personal favourites (although theres lots which are supposed to be great that I haven`t played)

Streets of Rage (1, 2 or 3)
            Shinobi- just fantastic- probably my favourite on the MD
            Sonic 2
            Quackshot- hasn`t aged well, but loved it all those years ago
            ESWAT- once you get into that robot suit and fly around, the game is sick!
            Castle of Illushion- Like Quackshot, this hasn`t aged too well, but this game holds really happy memories for me.
            Strider
            Gunstar Heroes
            FIFA soccer- The only machine which hosted great versions of FIFA IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Tokuda
              FIFA soccer- The only machine which hosted great versions of FIFA IMHO
              I had forgot about this. You are right, both the original and FIFA 95 were the best in the series. I dont know if they are still good, but they were so fresh back then.

Comment

Working...
              X