Mission Impossible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission Impossible

I was feeling fruity today and decided to go spend some money and I wanted Chibi Robo. Guess what! I came back from lunch empty handed, I looked in:

- HMV
    - Virgin Records (whatever it's called)
    - Game (two different ones)
    - Woolworths
    - Gamestation

Yes that's a grand total of six stores, I can't believe I couldn't pick up it up, it's a recent release, surely people stock GC titles. I can count using my hands and toes how many GC titles I saw on my travels. The biggest collection was found in Gamestation and that was woeful. Game was dire the prices were so expensive titles that we'd sell on these very forums for a tenner were almost 50% more expensive.

Something definatly is fishy and I'm looking at Ninty EU for answers
    Last edited by gingerj; 29-06-2006, 15:46.

Yep no where in York still sells GC games. Game dont have any new at all and maybe a selection of about 15-20 pre-owned same as Gamestation who usually have more pre-owned tho. All other shops have none at all.

Comment

The two GAYME stores near me still do Cube stuff at least for those interested in getting stuff... might as well just order it off Play though.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Chibi is almost impossible to get on the highstreet as any stores that actually got Chibi only got 1 or 2 copies. Play.com have restocked (last week every online retailer was also out of stock) so my copy has arrived from there today. I'd say thats your best bet, the only shop I've ever seen Chibi Robo physically in stock at was GAME in Ipswich.

Of all the stores you've listed though, only GAME appear to be getting new Cube games in stock. HMV have been clearing out their cube stuff and only seem to have got Fifa World Cup in recently, Virgin havn't done cube for a while and nor have woolies, and the last game our GameStation got was Odama. Though I'd be surprised if they've dropped the cube as they were the last place to get DC games from in the UK.
        Last edited by MikeRox; 29-06-2006, 15:48.

Comment

Ahh cheers Smegaman, I've just ordered it from play, I can't be bothered to wait. Erm, any ideas how long play take to deliver games these days I haven't bought a game from them in years?

Comment

It was the same round our way just before chrimbo when I had a look to see if anywhere had Fire Emblem. Although I imagine its got a bit worse now.

Comment

They say between 2 and 3 days, I ordered mine on tuesday and it came today was sent recorded too which I didn't expect.

Comment

Gamestation in Nottingham have Chibi. 38 quid though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch
                  Gamestation in Nottingham have Chibi. 38 quid though.
                  glad i got it for 29.99 from play.com

Comment

Pretty much the only brick and mortar shop around here that stocks GameCube stuff is the local indie, and even they're cautious about getting too many copies of a game in since so few people buy GC stuff anymore. It's sad really, but thank God for the Internet.

Comment

Working...
                    X