No announcement yet.

What are you playing on 16bits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm currently trying to get 100% on Donkey Kong Country 2.

Probably harder than F-Zero GX.

Comment

Originally posted by toy_brain
      OK, now another friend has given me his Megadrive and I've managed to track down some decent games for it (Rocket Knight, Dynamite Headdy, Streets of Rage 2, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes) so I've been playing them quite a bit.
      What do you reckon to Comix Zone? From what I've seen it looks interesting.. Good enough to look out for?

Comment

David, have you finished the "Animal Antics" level yet? I remember that as one of the hardest levels in a game ever! Especially the Squawks (parrot) section.

Comment

take a look a my sig

apart from ff tactics of corse

Comment

Originally posted by Myname
            Originally posted by toy_brain
            OK, now another friend has given me his Megadrive and I've managed to track down some decent games for it (Rocket Knight, Dynamite Headdy, Streets of Rage 2, Comix Zone, Gunstar Heroes) so I've been playing them quite a bit.
            What do you reckon to Comix Zone? From what I've seen it looks interesting.. Good enough to look out for?
            Its certainly a looker (well, in 16bit terms it is) with some really neat presentation and nice ideas. Each environment looks unique with no background tilling and there are some clever ideas with the comicbook format.
            I like the way you take damage from punching rocks/barrels (which often block your progress) but there is usually a quick and easy way to destroy them - you just need to figure it out.
            In other words there are puzzles in the game which you don't have to solve.
            The fighting is done fairly well - kinda like a totally side-on Streets of Rage. Its fairly button-mash-friendly, but feels 'solid'.

On the downside, you dont get many lives. The game is short but extends its length by being quite hard with no save points so you have to play it over and over. I also found the items menu a bit fiddily to use, especially during combat.

Worth picking up if - like me - you find it for a few quid in gamestation.

Comment

Originally posted by olly
              David, have you finished the "Animal Antics" level yet? I remember that as one of the hardest levels in a game ever! Especially the Squawks (parrot) section.
              Yes! I've done them all. Don't worry mate, they get much ****ing harder. 8)

I'm now looking out for all the Klubba Koins and DK coins for the one'r. The Lost World levels were hell.

Comment

You get me wrong, matey. I have finished it on 102% Just wondering if you had, and am rather saddened that somebody else did manage it

Comment

Working...
                X