Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FMV games are back in style!!!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...n-70-1bpc.html

Surely Sony will win the handheld wars now that they have this killer app.

I'm now weeping into my beard due to glumness, Mr Day.

I read the title and got all excited, thinking they were re-releasing some classic FMV games (on a DVD compilation maybe), or a new company had started up to create awesome FMV titles like never before... Or heck, just anything new and exciting relating to FMV games, but in actual fact, it's just a load of old gubbins.

Don't torment the FMV fans of the world like this Mr Day, otherwise the three of us will hunt you down; for re-education, clockwork orange style!

Comment

I'd go for the PC version of Novastorm as my fav FMV game. Can't get it work now. I think Rick Wakeman did the music (or maybe that was Microcosm). Much prefered it to other on-rails shooters like Dragoon or Starfox.

Comment

Road Avenger FTW!!
        Man I love that game.
        Ever have thaat feeling, where you cant quite be arsed to play a game, but you dont wanna totally veg out in front of the TV either?
        Perfect Road Avenger time :P

Comment

I don't think THESE types of FMV games ever went out of style... in Japan...

Comment

Originally posted by Szczepaniak
            I'm now weeping into my beard due to glumness, Mr Day.

I read the title and got all excited, thinking they were re-releasing some classic FMV games (on a DVD compilation maybe), or a new company had started up to create awesome FMV titles like never before... Or heck, just anything new and exciting relating to FMV games, but in actual fact, it's just a load of old gubbins.

Don't torment the FMV fans of the world like this Mr Day, otherwise the three of us will hunt you down; for re-education, clockwork orange style!
            Me too, talk about a pointless dig @ the PSP.

Love my FMV games Prize Fighter, Road Advenger, Dracula Unleashed , Ground Zero Texas are some of my all time fav games . And I'm not making that up, Prize Fighter more than most cracks me up

" You want to say pretty like me kid , Don't get in the ring "

Comment

Triad Stone/Strahl is the best now pls let me weep for my lovely FMV.

Comment

Yay! An idoru version of Make My Video

Comment

Originally posted by PlayAsia
                  In Capcom's mix of love simulation, adventure and idol disc, you take on the role as a rookie cameraman and take pictures of the girls in their best look and pose during each photo session. The further you process in the game, you will be able to interact with the hotties and take their pictures, rank them and finally trade them with friends. You will also be able to play a couple of mini fames with your favorite idol.
                  Is this not the creepiest thing, playing is fine but WTF trading. I now have mental images of men in long raincoats trading via wifi in a dark alley

Comment

classy

Comment

Ground Zero Texas is ****ing awesome!

Comment

ground zero is awesome, but corpse killer is better!

Comment

Another vote for Ground Zero Texas here. Fantastic game, and not just because it's FMV, it did some cool things with randomisation (you were never quite sure who was the alien in those "special cut-scenes", like the gambling one, where one of the card players is the alien), and was a rather good lightgun-style blaster. I'm not sure... Did it actually support the lightgun? Pad control was fairly tight.

Comment

Cobra Command was the daddy of FMV games.

"Take a right - Head downtown" - fond memories.

Comment

Would games like area 51 count as fmv games?

Also i remember reading somewhere that night trap and sewer shark were originally going to be released on a console that never got put into production.It was supposed to be some weird console/vhs hybrid thing.

Actually that reminds me many many years ago my dad bought at a car boot sale some weird machine with a lightgun and a videotape i think you put the tape in your player and configured the light gun and you would shoot at airplanes (some top gun rip of or something)
                              Last edited by eastyy; 10-07-2006, 11:41.

Comment

Working...
                              X