Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSP - reccomendations etc

Hi.
    I've never owned or used a psp before but Im buying one from these forums so I am wondering:

What games should I get?
    What accessories are worth owning?
    What is the actual battery life like?
    How much does 1gb and 2gb sticks cost

There's loads of good stuff gameswise try:
    Gradius portable, Me and my katamari, Lumines, Ridge Racers, Initial D, Loco Roco, Metal Gear Ac!d, Tekken: Dark Ressurection or Exit for starters.

you should definetley get a screen protector and probably a decent case too (Logitech do some good ones) and if you fancy playing any fighters you might wasnt to try looking for a product called 'extra button'

i think 1gb duos go for roughly ?25 (I'd steer clear of eBay though, tons of fakes). and 2gbs for about ?50.
    Hope that helps.

Comment

Get a HORI screen protector. If you follow [personal affiliate link removed - please try our banners] link and search for 'hori' in the games search bar, you can get them for ?3.99 delivered.

Edit: MovieTyme.com are currently selling 1GB SanDisk Memory stick pro duos for ?19.99 delivered.
      Last edited by charlesr; 11-07-2006, 07:04.

Comment

Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Also, try our search. You can filter by score.

Comment

Agreed with Jar of Pataks. My top PSP recommendations:

LocoRoco
          Virtua Tennis World Tour
          Football Manager Handheld
          Street Fighter Zero 3 Double Upper (NB: Stick-on DPAD modification is essential!)
          Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (NB: Stick-on DPAD modification is essential!)
          Burnout Legends
          Everybody's Golf
          Gradius Portable
          Lumines
          Ridge Racer(s)
          WipEout Pure
          EXIT
          Me & My Katamari

I've yet to play Tales of Eternia, Syphon Filter, Daxter, Metal Gear Acid 2, Gitaroo Man Live! or Tekken: Dark Resurrection but they're all on my wanted list.

Quite a few people on here, rllmuk and EDGE seem to rate Gottlieb Pinball Classics, Capcom Classics Collection remixed and Tokobot too.

Comment

DJ Max Portable is an excellent PSP title which probably won't see the light of day over here. The japanese version is easy enough to get to grasps with though.

Comment

easy!

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

I loved it! perhaps too much, but hey! it was brill

Tekken: Dark Resurrection / Street Fighter Zero (Alpha) 3

Love my fighters too...

Comment

taiko no tatsujin

fantastic quirky drumming game

Comment

I actually bought a 1gb pack from gamestation at the weekend, which came with the Namco Battle collection which i quite like, particually Galaga. Its was ?180 all in which i think is pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                  X