Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mawasunda (DS) video - WarioWare style insanity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mawasunda (DS) video - WarioWare style insanity?

I did an NTSC-uk search, and found nothing else on this. So, here it is!

Mawasunda!! by Taito, released 20th July, 2006, 5040 Yen

Gametrailers video

Wow... that looks rather excellent, actually. A variety of play styles, there seems to be a full version of Arkanoid in there, plus dozens of insane mini-games, from controlling an elevator, cooking squid dumplings, playing baseball, running a sushi conveyer belt, and making a mustachiod man fly with an umbrella.

Anyone got anymore info on this? Was there a topic made?

Also, I'm taking bets this doesn't get a UK release. 12-to-1 odds.
    Last edited by Sketcz; 14-07-2006, 08:25.

Looks pretty cool, reminds me more of Bishi Bashi Special than Warioware.

Comment

MMM Taito are on fire at the moment by the looks of it...

Cooking mama
      Bust a Move

and now this...

Comment

Yaay cooking elements spotted = guranteed importaku purchase.

Bring on those takoyaki (^_^)

Comment

I the visual style. There's a nice mix of 2D and 3D elements but I can't help but think that it might be a little incomprehensible, in places, for English speakers.

Think I'll get this if I can find it cheap, though. One more DS game can't hurt.

Comment

Yeah, I got my preorder in last week. This looks like yet another in the long line of little-known Japanese DS gems.

Whilst some games like Ouendan and Cooking Mama have sucessfully made their way onto the more "mainstream" gamers radars (and are getting Western releases), there are quite a few games such as this and Kaitou Rousseau (which is a little gem by the way!) out there in Japan begging for importer love!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny
              Whilst some games like Ouendan and Cooking Mama have sucessfully made their way onto the more "mainstream" gamers radars (and are getting Western releases), there are quite a few games such as this and Kaitou Rousseau (which is a little gem by the way!) out there in Japan begging for importer love!
              Very true! I'd say there are too many of these quirky Japanese games. I'm struggling to keep on top of them.

Check out Machigai Museum for another good un. It's a fast paced spot-the-difference game in the style of Wario Ware and with an incredibly addictive multiplayer mode.

It's an essential DS game in my opinion...in fact, I should probably start a first play thread for it....but I'm not sure if anyone else has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                Very true! I'd say there are too many of these quirky Japanese games. I'm struggling to keep on top of them.

Check out Machigai Museum for another good un. It's a fast paced spot-the-difference game in the style of Wario Ware and with an incredibly addictive multiplayer mode.

It's an essential DS game in my opinion...in fact, I should probably start a first play thread for it....but I'm not sure if anyone else has it.
                Ah yeah, that one is on my "to-get" list. I bought Unou no Tatsujin: Gunbullet Trainer (aka Point Blank DS) on release and AFAIK both of these games are a part of Namco-Bandai's Brain Training-esque range (with Kaitou Rousseau also part of it I think...).

Yeah, I've owned a DS since it's US launch when there weren't all that many games available even in Japan and have been keeping up to date with all the new releases because I'd be kicking myself if I let a gem slip by.
                FWIW, Project Hacker is another game I'm wanting to import. A lot of people seem to reckon it'll get a US (and presumably Euro) release at some point, but there are a couple of fully translated walkthroughs online and the whole concept just seems so cool.

I look at all these niche DS titles and when I realise how much I get out of them when I can't understand a word of them, it goes a long way to explaining the sucess of the DS in Japan where gamers obviously can understand the games and will get even more out of them.

Also, slightly OT, but I find the same with the PSP (and PS2 but there are far, far too many new PS2 releases each week/month to keep up with all of them!) - Gurumin is my latest love in terms of quirky Japanese PSP titles

Comment

Ah yeah, that one is on my "to-get" list. I bought Unou no Tatsujin: Gunbullet Trainer (aka Point Blank DS) on release and AFAIK both of these games are a part of Namco-Bandai's Brain Training-esque range (with Kaitou Rousseau also part of it I think...).
                  That's right. Machigai Museum is much better than Point Blank though, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron
                    That's right. Machigai Museum is much better than Point Blank though, in my opinion.
                    Really? I'll have to get onto that ASAP. I hear it uses classical music too as BGM?...

Comment

The sumo-pulling-the-geisha's kimono-off game

Comment

Really? I'll have to get onto that ASAP. I hear it uses classical music too as BGM?...
                        Yep. That's also true.

Comment

Yup, i have Machigai Museum. Its a really nice game. Has the classical music also. I've been taking it really slow hardly ever playing it but last time i did i got on to the 5th level of stages and they seem quite intense.

Back on topic, this game looks fun, and its out in a few days, might be a worthwhile purchase but i might wait to see if there's more details and if its going to be non-Japanese friendly

Comment

Working...
                          X