No announcement yet.

Mind blowing photos of Japanese games store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there are more detailed directions anywhere? I'll be there next month and I'd definitely take the time out to visit that place.

Comment

that is the videogame equivalent of wank material, the strange thing is that the writer says that his pupil said its only got a few things in stock , does this mean that that type of store is small fish in japan? *cries* why doesn't Britian have anything have decent, just a half decent retro store thats all i ask, bastard british chavs and their poor taste causing retro stores to be a financial suicide.
      Last edited by muse hunter; 15-07-2006, 20:43. Reason: a typo on the word wank, i said a typo on the word WANK

Comment

Not just games there though, making it a bit less 'amazing'.

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
          Not just games there though, making it a bit less 'amazing'.
          tons of manga and anime also, its like my dream store

Comment

Righty, that's a day dedicated to that place next April then. (^_^)

Many empty suitcases required.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
              tons of manga and anime also, its like my dream store
              If you can read Japanese, yah, great!

Comment

hmmmm, am I the only one that would probably get bored of even trying to look through so much stock? and by the time I'd finished looking, would have forgotten half the stuff I'd seen that I'd be interested in? :P I find trawling through GAME and GameStation bad enough half the time.

Comment

Heh, yeah it would definitely be a bit overwhelming. Hopefully i'll be able to make a trip there, but I am with a friend and I really don't think he'd be too happy if I dragged him around Tokyo to look at game shops. I'm sure i'll be albe to pick up enough games and merchandise from smaller shops to fill up the limited space I have in no time anyway, but I would love to go to that place nevertheless.

I'll try having a look for Taiketsu! Rooms Scezepaniak and give you an idea of the price when I get back.

Comment

I'm not actually that bothered by this shop, just to be a mardarse. I think it's because I tend to zero in on individual titles I'd like to play, as opposed to collecting.

Comment

I wonder how expensive to set up a monster shop in Brimingham City centre with all those rare stuff and imports and pal stuff for collectors. But when you sell them how are you going to replace gems and how are you going to get those supply from Japan or USA.

It would be a monster size headache. Plus load of death threat from Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft.

Comment

Just imagine it, a gaming store where you would actually need a shopping trolley

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                          Just imagine it, a gaming store where you would actually need a shopping trolley
                          i'm more excited about a gaming store whose retro section doesn't comprise of MD FIFA's, and i few battered up ps1 games *cough* gamestation *cough*

Annoying thing is that we seemed to have gone backwards, it was only about 2002 when we had CEX and gamestation's retro section was full of tresures, now however Even gamefocus seem to be selling more DVD's than games lately. We say that the likes of ebay are making retro stores an impossibility, but i don't believe that, the problem is the western way of thinking. If something is old its out of date, rubbish, not worth the time, the japanese in general must repsect the history of the videogame medium more then we do, and so these types of stores are able to exsist. Maybe that just shows that videogames as a medium are yet to mature in the west, when it comes to music and movies people older examples of the medium are comsumed and respected by many. I guess the most retro the UK would ever go with videogames is to buy midways arcade treasures on the ps2.

Comment

Right that's it!!!

**** it!....I'm moving to Japan.

Comment

In Tokyo now (on the biggest piece of crap of a japanese computer in the world). Havn't seen Taiketsu! rooms szczepaniak, sorry, havn't seen much retro at all.

Can anyone direct me to some good shops, found one great shop in Akihabara called trader, everywhere else seems to be selling just the latest games however. Any pointers would be great. I'll check back on here tomorrow.

On a side note, does anyone have any idea how much the Tales of Eternia premium box is worth? Picked up a nice minty copy for 20 squid today.
                              Last edited by Champloo; 24-07-2006, 12:27.

Comment

That's amazing!

I so want to run my own huuuge retro/import store with an arcade on the side... if I win the Lotto! Time to start buying tickets and dreaming!

Comment

Working...
                                X