No announcement yet.

Who did you lose your virginity to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari 2600. Man, I remember when those first game out. I couldn't believe what I was seeing, that I could actually have an arcade IN MY HOUSE!!11! It was an earth shattering event.

Comment

Atari 2600 for me. First game would either be Combat or Breakout. Did anyone have the Indy 500 game, the one with the special paddle controllers. Loved that game and played it for hours at a time.

Comment

I had an Atari VCS (still got it), but the Spectrum was my first labour of love. I got a Master System, but I didn't get seriously into it, despite having Shinobi and Phantasy Star. My love with Nintendo went through the roof when I got a SNES.

BTW, the first versions of the Master System came with both hang On and the maze game. Hang On kicked in when there was no cartridge in the machine (great idea, more consoles should do this) and the maze game was activated by pressing the buttons like Lord cookie said. It was just controlling some snail through a maze, but it was strangely compelling.

Comment

Spectrum ZX was the first. Moved onto some dodgy green-screened Amstrad and shortly after the NES.

Comment

Mine was the ZX Spectrum 48K. Then followed the upgraded 128K version, then I moved on over to the Master System.

Comment

Atari 2600 for me too - she was so gentle with me.

Comment

Another one for Atari 2600 , well if you dont count my binatone pong game

Comment

Good old Atari 2600 with wood finish, what a cool system.....she was like a whore....
                  Then came the C128, Amiga, PS, PS2, Gamecube and finally Xbox....

A few origanal GB's found there way in their and a Neogeo pocket to boot....

Comment

Christ - I lived in ignorant bliss of all these types of things, including Arcades, until I was about 25 (just remember, we go back a'while here in Sandman-land), when a work-mate started to bring in C+VG magazine for break-time consumption. I was hugely impressed by the colour and sheer exuberance of what I read, but what really pulled me in was when the same guy brought his Dragon 32 into work one Sat morning, and we stayed over until past tea-time playing the damn thing.

Sinclair labs were pre-announcing their 16k Spectrum at the time, so i pre-ordered one (was about ?148 I think). That came, I had to get the memory increased to 48k within a few monthes, and the journey started.

Since then I've had Spectrum 128, Atari 800XL (with a disk-drive!!!), Atari ST, Master System, Commodore Amiga, Megadrive, SNES, Gameboy, Saturn, Lynx, Gamegear,Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, X-Box, GBA, Gamecube, and PC.

So, getting on for 23 years of gaming, and I'm still captivated by the "magic" of it all

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                      I had an Atari VCS (still got it), but the Spectrum was my first labour of love. I got a Master System, but I didn't get seriously into it, despite having Shinobi and Phantasy Star. My love with Nintendo went through the roof when I got a SNES.

BTW, the first versions of the Master System came with both hang On and the maze game. Hang On kicked in when there was no cartridge in the machine (great idea, more consoles should do this) and the maze game was activated by pressing the buttons like Lord cookie said. It was just controlling some snail through a maze, but it was strangely compelling.
                      I think my cousin's had Hang On and Alex Kidd in Mircale World?

Comment

First 'console' was a pong TV game way way back in the 70's ... can't remember what brand it was, though ...

VIC-20 and the C64 through the early teenage years ...

But then actually losing my virginity led to a period that was virtually game-free apart from the occasional foray into the arcades ~

Parental responsibilities and settling down a bit, I bought the first proper console: a Master System 2 ... (for which The Ninja was my favourite pastime) and basically it's been all down-hill from there ^^

S.

Comment

lost my gaming virginity to Galaxian in 1984; home computer virginity to the Speccy; console virginity to the Master System.

Comment

We picked up one of those pong machines from a car boot sale. I don't remember the make but I distinctly remember it was orange.

The first console proper was the NES with Super Mario and Duck hunt dual cartridge. I could finish Mario 1 with my eyes shut I played it so much so that was probably my favourite game on it although Mario 3 was comes close.

Comment

Atari 2600 wodden finish.

Days, and I do mean days lost on this. Had the extra bonus as using my twin brother as game fodder for years (only joking Bro, you won a couple of games I think )

Trok

Comment

Ah yes I seem to remember that too, but mine definitly had a shooter. Any chance someone with a SMS can enlighten me on the shooter that was pre-built into the system?
                                Astro Warrior?

Comment

Working...
                                X