The life of a deaf gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The life of a deaf gamer

I read this link at another forum and I thought it hit the spot.

So I'm dragging this link over here to share with others. The guy who wrote this is a friend of the guy who posted it. Both are involved with helping the hearing impaired. Games can often be a great source of enjoyment for the deaf....but often, close, but no cigar doesn't help when some game companies don't consider subtitles and closed captioning.

In a round-a-bout way, this also speaks to the import community, because if more developers and companies would consider subtitles it would make it a tad easier when porting games to other countries.....since the code for adding subtitles would already be there.

Anyway.....here's the link:

And to be fair to the source; this came from GameCritics.com reviewer, Brad Gallaway. So there, I put credit where it was due.

Hah!

Interesting comments and I fully support the idea of closed captioning but whether individual companies would actually bother to lay out the expenditure to do it is another matter entirely.

Surely some form of industry standard would be the only way (and it wouldn't take much for the subtitles you get on some import titles to evolve into close captioning), otherwise companies would make their own choice and some would and most I fear wouldn't due to the economic factor?

Then again it would let all those kids who are playing late at night to turn the sound down and not wake up the parents, hang on this might take off after all.....

Comment

As someone who very rarely plays games with the sound up I'd like this too.

Comment

Working...
      X