No announcement yet.

Your favourite 16bit game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, it'd be hard to choose between Zelda: LTTP, Street Fighter 2 and Mario Kart.

Comment

Secret of Mana for me as well. Although Super Mario World does run pretty close ...

S.

Comment

i'd have to say sonic on the megadrive. i could only have the one machine so i had the megadrive. other games that was good were micro machines and toe jam and earl.

Comment

A lot of games with Super in front of them ;-)

Mario World
          Metroid
          Street Fighter II
          [erm Super?] Zelda Link to the Past...

you catch my drift.

The question is if you were a stuck on desert island with only one console.... which one would it be?

SNES
          SNES
          SNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNES

Jimbob

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
            A lot of games with Super in front of them ;-)
            The question is if you were a stuck on desert island with only one console.... which one would it be?

SNES
            SNES
            SNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNESSNES

Jimbob
            Indeed. Recently, I bought a N64 S-Video lead, but the image was washed-out. Anyway, it works great on the Snes, wich now has a second life. Almost forgot how great it is.

Comment

Dont know whether its just console only this topic....

Amiga: Flashback/Hired Guns/Sensible World of Soccer

Console: Zelda: Link to the Past

Comment

Recently, I bought a N64 S-Video lead, but the image was washed-out. Anyway, it works great on the Snes, wich now has a second life. Almost forgot how great it is.
                FFFFFS! Use a ****ing rgb lead for SNES!

And yes, I agree, Metroid III is the most fantastic game of the 16bit era.

Comment

Hmm, a real tough one. Can I cheat and have two at number 1?
                  Super Metroid and Zelda.
                  I can remember running home from school on numerous occasions after my brain had clicked, realisation that by getting X I can know open up Z. This happened with both Zelda and Metroid.

Comment

Originally posted by Firsty
                    Recently, I bought a N64 S-Video lead, but the image was washed-out. Anyway, it works great on the Snes, wich now has a second life. Almost forgot how great it is.
                    FFFFFS! Use a fluffing rgb lead for SNES!

And yes, I agree, Metroid III is the most fantastic game of the 16bit era.
                    Tried the GC one and it didn't work. I'll have to check retro stores here.

Comment

Originally posted by amorenod
                      Indeed. Recently, I bought a N64 S-Video lead, but the image was washed-out. Anyway, it works great on the Snes, wich now has a second life. Almost forgot how great it is.
                      Is it a PAL N64? If the N64 doesn't output svideo, then I think you get composite via the svideo cable, and it looks totally washed out. 1080 looks just white everywhere

As for the topic, SNES bomberman. Had more fun with that game than any other 16bit game.

Comment

Alien Soldier; speed and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
                          Is it a PAL N64? If the N64 doesn't output svideo, then I think you get composite via the svideo cable, and it looks totally washed out. 1080 looks just white everywhere
                          Yes, it's pal, but the output was not composite, it was a lot sharper, but washed out. The result: The N64 is my only console viewed in composite. ft:

Comment

Streets Of Rage 2

Comment

Seiken Densetsu 2 (Secret Of Mana)

Completely took over the lives of a friend and myself one summer - every morning we would stock up on crisps and cake then settle down and play 2 player till late at night.

Comment

Dammit, how dare you make me choose! There are so many

Mario Kart
                                Super Mario World
                                Street Fighter 2 Turbo
                                Zelda LTTP
                                Zombies ate my Neighbours
                                Area 88
                                Shadowrun

And before you ask, I only had a SNES in the 16 bit era.

Comment

Working...
                                X