Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone pre-ordered Deep Labyrinth (Atlus, DS)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone pre-ordered Deep Labyrinth (Atlus, DS)?

After looking through Atlus' recent and upcoming releases it seems they're spoiling us. There has been a lot of talk about Contact and Summon Knight on the forum but I've noticed another DS release expected very soon called Deep Labyrinth.

Not much has been said about this but it actually looks like it could be a decent RPG. This is what I pulled off the Atlus website:

GAME SUMMARY:

A boy and his dog, a drive through the countryside, a mysterious castle?and an epic adventure. Explore a world populated by magical creatures and monstrous foes. Descend, if you dare, into the dark heart of the Deep Labyrinth!

The first 3D first-person RPG for cellular phones has become the first 3D first-person RPG for the Nintendo DS, taking full advantage of the DS's dual screens and touch screen in the process. Players explore dozens of dungeon levels, fighting hordes of hideous monsters in real-time with swords and spells. Two engrossing scenarios weave two amazing stories--one for newcomers to role-playing games, and one for RPG veterans.

FEATURES:
    • The first DS game with real-time first-person combat!
    • Scenario design by Masato Katou (Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy XI Online) and musical score by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Cross, Xenosaga)!
    • Touch-screen sword-swinging and spell-casting!
    • Boss battles too epic to be contained on a single screen!
    There must be people here who are looking forward to this, especially since there is collaboration with Masato Katou and Yasunori Mitsuda. There are so many interesting titles coming out at the moment it's so hard to know which to buy!

Your thoughts anyone?

Sounds like fun.
    Apparently it's due out in Tuesday!
    Gamespot has preview and images.
    The graphics look a bit crap, but that's not what games are about Some of the screens there seem to be displaying 3D on both screens which I didn't think was possible, so the 2D screens that look 3D are probable pre-snapped shots.
    Looks like RPGamer gave it 2/5, but I tend to ignore them because they're highly fanboyish and anything that isn't Final Fantasy or a clone doesn't get rated much.
    Last edited by vertigo; 13-08-2006, 08:35.

Comment

Working...
    X