360 Roadmap - 1080p?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Roadmap - 1080p?

Posting here instead of Headlines because this is essentially rumour, as source didn't provide a source... pinch of salt etc.

Anyway...

Strange... 1080p from a 360 by just changing the cable? I can't remember if Component can support 1080p, I'm pretty sure VGA can... are they simply refering to VGA?

Yeah i think vga could carry it but i dont think component can.

Comment

I'm pretty sure component can take 1080p!

As for 1080p on the 360, maybe for HD-DVD, but I don't see it being available for games etc.

Comment

Nah, component cant take 1080p, confirmed here for good measure:

No games are going to support 1080p though, thats alot of bother to go about when hardly anyone will use it.

Comment

Component is perfectly capable of carrying 1080p.

Wikipedia is not a 100% reliable source of information on any topic.

Comment

Then you would have to find a 1080p TV that can use 1080p from component.

The lack of 1080p really isn't a problem for 1080p HD DVD material since it can can be interlaced on the player and de-interlaced on the screen without quality loss.

Comment

Originally posted by HHarm
              The lack of 1080p really isn't a problem for 1080p HD DVD material since it can can be interlaced on the player and de-interlaced on the screen without quality loss.
              I find it extremely hard to believe you can obtain the full 1080p signal from footage sent as 1080i.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                I find it extremely hard to believe you can obtain the full 1080p signal from footage sent as 1080i.
                On PAL 1080i is 50 frames per second interlaced. Film is half from that, 25 frames per second progressive (actually 24). Because it's half from the speed of the interlaced signal a full progressive field can be constructed from two interlaced fields. Not going into details but NTSC is pretty much the same.

Comment

50 fields per second.

Comment

Working...
                  X