Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another PSP Freebie

Hey

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but Sony are offering another PSP freebie on their website. It's a little collapsing UMD holder. I got mine today and it's pretty nice.

Just like the Spiderman UMD, if you have a Japanese PSP, substitute SJ/FJ at the start of your serial number for SB and say it's a model PSP-1003. Worked for me.

Is there anyway to get this if you've already registered your PSP or is it just for new users only?

Comment

Just checked the site, it asks you to update your details when you sign in, and once you have done so, they will send the UMD holder thingy.

Cant do it at the moment tho, im in work, and i dont have access to the PSP at the moment.

Comment

I signed up for one of these when i got my PSP a month and half later or so after id sold my PSP it actually arrived.

Comment

Nice one, been meaning to get a UMD holder and since I was too simple to work out how to get a JPN one registered before I missed the boat. Will try this when I get home

Comment

Worked for me and I have a US one, had to put the year as 06 though.

Comment

I did this when I went to download the Locoroco demo about a month and a half ago, yet I've recieved nothing, despite being told it would be sent out.

Strange.

Comment

I received mine within 6 days I think. Worth a go anyway, it's a great little case.

Comment

Did you get the Spiderman UMD as well though?

Just wondering if that has something to do with it.

Comment

Yeah. It did say my email address was already in use so I just entered a different one. Same serial though.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I've done.

Very strange.

I thought the UMD holder was gonna be some cheap, crapy thing, but that one looks quite nice. And I could really do with one to save me having to card around the games in their boxes.

Comment

I got the free Spiderman UMD when I registered my JPN 1.0 PSP agggges ago and, for some reason, when I "re-verified" my details at YourPSP they sent me one of these a few months ago too, even though I'd already registered. Endless freebies from teh Sony.

Comment

Cool, I just registered my JPN psp, swapped FJ on the serial codefor SB- the model code of psp-1000 was entered as psp-1003 - all good, nice one!!

Comment

Thanks wush!
                            For ages I was stressing about not being able to sign my PSP up for downloads as it was a Japanese model. Had no Idea about that workaround.

Nice one. Cheers

Comment

How do you actually get them to send you one? I logged in with my details, but there's nothing I could see that would let me 'order' one. I updated my details though, but that was all I could do after signing in.

Comment

Working...
                              X