No announcement yet.

Money Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to try and use common sense to keep my spending down. Apart from enjoying playing a new game I tend to get a sense of retail therapy from buying a new game. However my game time is somewhat limited, so I can normally keep everything but essential purchases at bay by saying to myself "When are you really gonna get time to play that".

However once the price of a non-essential game sinks lower than say twenty quid I have real trouble stopping myself

Comment

Originally posted by badgerpie
      by saying to myself "When are you really gonna get time to play that".
      Not me. In the last 6 months, I have bought about 6 games that have received less than 3 hours of play time even though I would love to (sonic mega collect, ikaruga, beach spikers, kinnikuman etc). Bah!

Must resist urge to buy...the 12 games I want that are...already...out...nnnnngghh

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
        Originally posted by badgerpie
        by saying to myself "When are you really gonna get time to play that".
        Not me.
        Doesn't work for me either.

I brought a Mega Drive 1, Mega CD 1 and 27 Mega CD games as a bundle of someone from ebay, and I've only played 3 of the games for about 5 hours total. The even sadder part was that I waiting 2/3 weeks before turning it on because I wouldn't play it without a scart lead (I hate RF) and I had to find one first.

Waste of money?

If you buy more than you need its addiction/greed/obsession.

Comment

there's always renting or borrowing games/consoles from your mates

Comment

I'm pretty impulsive when it comes to buying games. I admit it and I like getting them. Though I am putting the kibosh on any spending next month with my vehicle registration fees and renewing my car insurance and all.

Sometimes I have to put it all on hold. So in the mean time I'll make a wish list of what I want. Some games I put off buying of for so long I wonder if I'll ever get them...like SSX tricky and ZOE2, but then I fire up my PN3 and Drill Land and forget all about them.

In the meantime Viewtiful Joe will get me through July...

Comment

I've been wasting my money! I decided sod it and started looking at the selling forum yesterday. You can get 3 mint condition games for the price of getting 1 shrink wrapped game! A games a game after all. It isn't going to play any worse because Mr/Mrs X used it for a few weeks.

Excellent!

Comment

Working...
              X