Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merf View Post
    I suspect the free content is an experiment in trying to reduce the second hand market and see how you can prolong saes of a title from the initial burst.

be interesting to see how sales have held up of this due to this approach.
    Very interesting point Merf!

I've been waiting for this game to come down in price for a while now, and despite many other titles coming and dropping, this one has remained around the ?25-?30 and seems to show no signs of shifting! Perhaps you are onto something here! Presumably if it wasn't selling, it would come down further but it isn't...

Comment

I'm sure it's already at GH pricing in the US? I know that, when it does hit the US PSN, it's going to be $29.99.

Comment

I doubt it, but it has probably helped sales. As long as they can keep people playing they can keep pumping with the in-game advertising and a game like this will have a higher number of users than say FHM would have readers, so for advertisers it's pure gold. EA will be making cash more from that than they would selling the updates at a premium. Also with a game like this online is an intergral part of the game, whether you're playing single or multiplayer, so they can refresh the advertising (asuming the console is connected to the net of course).

Comment

Patch is up, apparently. Not sure what platforms/regions, but people on GAF are downloading it now.

Comment

Criterion Games is an award-winning studio based in Guildford UK and is part of Electronic Arts.

The message on the front page would suggest so - "BURNOUT BIKES OUT NOW!"

Comment

If they get this (Full game) up on the PSN tonight, I'm going to take the plunge. *hopes*

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                Patch is up, apparently. Not sure what platforms/regions, but people on GAF are downloading it now.
                Downloading it now.

Comment

Seems like it's up for the 360 as well, at least in the States.

Comment

Seems like it's up for the 360 as well, at least in the States.
                    It's available in the UK too. 445MB

Comment

If they get this (Full game) up on the PSN tonight, I'm going to take the plunge. *hopes*
                      Seeing as you'll never play it (or am I confusing you with someone else??? ), can you just gift it to me?

Comment

I think this weeks Update is already up on the store? No mention of the full game to download on there as yet!

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                          Seeing as you'll never play it (or am I confusing you with someone else??? ), can you just gift it to me?
                          No, you're probably right.

I'm working on the assumption that, if it's on the HDD, I'll dip in and play it from time to time. It works for other PSN games like Eden and BCR, I guess it depends on whether Burnout lends itself to short-ish sessions. I often find myself stopping whatever main game I'm playing early (Convenient save point/brick wall, that kind of thing) and just playing a level or two of the PSN games.

I had intended to do the same for Warhawk as well (Sold my disc copy), but considering how little I play online games I did manage to stop myself on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
                            *looks around nervously*

Comment

Is there any custom soundtracks on the PS3 version?

Comment

Yup, they've been in for some time.

Comment

Working...
                                X