No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre ordered this but put about 2 Hrs into it on EA access.Havent played it in years but enjoying it in 4K on the X

Comment

Missus said she'd buy me a game, bazinga! Roll on the weekend.

Comment

From what I played this is not much of a remaster apart from 4K resolution it looks pretty much the same . And when Forza Horizon game a free amazing looking X update this seems overpriced to me

But still a great game

Comment

You make an interesting point.

Forza Horizon gets an absolutely astounding 4K makeover for free. EA releases a 4K remastered of Burnout Paradise for $$... If MS enhanced the original version to 4K would it be a close replica and better yet everyone that owns that original game can play together online. With this remastered version I take it you can only play with people who buy the new version and not existing owners of the original.

Comment

But the free forza upgrade is a ms pr and marketing move. There is zero incentive for ea to do something for nothing!

Comment

I know but does it stop MS enhancing the 360 version? They've done it not just for first party titles, The Witcher 2 for instance got nicely upgraded...

Would love to see them do it to a few other bigger titles outside of their stables. If not Burnout I'd happily take NFS Hot Pursuit.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I know but does it stop MS enhancing the 360 version? They've done it not just for first party titles, The Witcher 2 for instance got nicely upgraded...
                The point is that if MS update those titles, they might sell more Xboxes. They must have decided, for some reason, that it wasn't worth their time (perhaps because they see it as a Horizon competitor).

Meanwhile EA don't have anything to gain from giving away a remastered Burnout Paradise.

Comment

Plus if they give it away then it'll get grabbed by anyone and everyone, whereas having to buy it means they can better gauge franchise interest which is likely more what this release is about. Whether £35 is the right rrp though...

Comment

Cancelled Pre-Order for this. Can't see me finding the time to do it justice with Bayo 1 and 2 still on the go. Looks great though and is reviewing well despite the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                      The point is that if MS update those titles, they might sell more Xboxes. They must have decided, for some reason, that it wasn't worth their time (perhaps because they see it as a Horizon competitor).

Meanwhile EA don't have anything to gain from giving away a remastered Burnout Paradise.
                      They would gain far more if it didn't have a £35.00 price tag, it doesn't even look like that good of a remaster, reviews are stating same geomotry on any of the vehicles and scenery, and identical loading times to the ps3/360 it was 60fps 1080p on the previous gen so the only thing new its bringing is 4k textures, version so yeah its basically a £35 4k skin pack for a ps3 xbox 360 game.

Comment

Could be worse, could be the DMC collection, that's getting some poor write ups. The biggest perk to BPR is being able to do the online challenges again, I'll be knocking through those trophies straight out. The airfield stunts were a good laugh

Comment

Going off the amended trophy list it seems like all they've done is trim some of the now impossible or awkward trophies out. Of the core game trophies that will net you a Platinum, only two depend on online play which should both be very easy to accomplish on the first night.

Comment

It's presented in pristine, native 4K on Xbox One X, yet despite the vast resolution increase over its debut outing on …

Digital Foundry looks at the remaster and finds that despite it appearing like 4K was simply applied to the game it turns out to be a fairly excellent, properly done remaster project

Comment

Maybe it's something about Renderware. It must be, right? 500 Agility Orbs in the Renderware-powered Crackdown, daring …

This review gets it. BPR gets the top prize in EG's review

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                                http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...just-a-pc-port

Digital Foundry looks at the remaster and finds that despite it appearing like 4K was simply applied to the game it turns out to be a fairly excellent, properly done remaster project
                                Decent comparison of pc and Xbox X but what about the rest? Xbox S, PS4 and PS4 Pro... Or are they just concentrating on Xbox X because it's out early on EA access? Is it going to run at native 4K on the PS4 Pro?

Comment

Working...
                                X