No announcement yet.

Too Many Consoles Spoil The Broth??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Economics, Adam Smith in the 1700's : Law of Diminishing Returns.

The more you have the less satisfying it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ostrog
      I've 7 consoles on the shelf over the tv - two PS2s,(PAL and Asian) a Gamecube, an Xbox, N64, Dreamcast and a SNES. Do I play them all?
      I've got seven all wired up aswell.

They are slightly different from yours and I do try play them all regularly away(when I can). I've got 2 PStwos(PAL & US),PSone(Japan),Saturn,GC, N64(Japan) & 2 PAL 64s.

Back on topic - all I need to do when I buy either a Wii or Ps3 is buy 2 fiveway scart blocks anyway, and then build a bit of extra shelving for my games to go on. Then that will free up another shelve space on the unit I have my consoles on. There will be room in my set up for all the consoles I own and I also have the means to get them all wired in, and interchangeable at the flick of a switch.

I'm definitely not one of these who has anything boxed up and not getting any use. I only buy consoles that I know I can use. I got robbed 3 times in the past so I had to make a hard desicion about which I were going to be my priorities to re-collect for and what I collect for now are what I see as the best consoles for collecting Sim/StrategyRPGs. Which are my main collecting area for the foreseeable future.

All my handhelds do get used aswell(DS,GBA). Although I'm yet to buy a PSP & will buy a wonderswan in the near future aswell. The only console that is completely out of use now is my first PAL 64 which I was using as a means of spares anyway, but I'm going to give it to my young nephews once they reach the right age anyway. The only 16bit console I plan on re-buying now is the Super Famicom anyway. Which will go in the PALN64s shelf space.

Basically though I just had to be more shrewd in my re-buying because it wasn't nice to try to re-build my collection up for the third time, so alot of compromise had to be made in some areas because I'd be gutted to see it all go again(touch wood x2).
      Last edited by AdamJW; 12-09-2006, 14:53.

Comment

It's easy though.... don't buy stuff until you're ready to play it! It'll still be there for you, honest. 'tis what I do pretty much although looking around you wouldn't have thought so, heh.

Comment

Working...
        X