X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Segwii is a work of genius
    They truly are. Here's a better look at them:

Comment

so... anyone got even the vaguest idea what the dvdboxoffice situation is?
      i ordered on 29 September (yeah, kinda late, i know), and received the "Wii Delay Notification" e-mail on 31 October, telling me my order won't be shipped in the first batch. and that's the last i've heard. anyone heard anything different? anyone know more information about the size of their future shipments? has anyone's actually shipped? (and if so, could you possibly post your order date?)

Comment

#15 on the next weeks batch of Wii's at VG+!! Brilliant!!

Comment

This whole launch has been a letdown for me. I cancel my preorder with VG+ the day before Sydney goes "oh, hey! we're getting systems" to place one at a stupid price with Play Asia who have pushed the in stock date back to the 23rd but put my order on a "preparing order" state so I can't fecking cancel it.

I'm tempted to phone my CC company and tell them not to authorize a charge from Play-Asia.

What kills me more is I was quite a lot number on the VG+ order list.

Comment

Originally posted by Valken
            This whole launch has been a letdown for me. I cancel my preorder with VG+ the day before Sydney goes "oh, hey! we're getting systems" to place one at a stupid price with Play Asia who have pushed the in stock date back to the 23rd but put my order on a "preparing order" state so I can't fecking cancel it.

I'm tempted to phone my CC company and tell them not to authorize a charge from Play-Asia.

What kills me more is I was quite a lot number on the VG+ order list.
            I'm in the same situation (although my order number at VG+ probably wouldn't have got me one at launch anyway).

I'm hoping Play-Asia have just sold out of their original allocation and the 23rd is the re-stock date. It still says my order will ship on or before the 20th in my order details page. If it doesn't ship tomorrow, I will be sending a very nasty email to them because how can they be preparing an order if they don't have the stock. Also, the money has been taken from my CC.

I don't mind paying a premium (yes, I know it's alot) as long as I have my console by Wed/Thur but tbh, PA are taking the f**king p*ss if they think they can charge this much and NOT ship the console on launch despite suggesting that they would be.

Should find out tomorrow morning either way.

Comment

Could everyone post what customs charges they were hit with when they get their Wii, and courier company used etc.

I'm expecting to pay around ?30 for the console itself comning from Import Madness in one order and around the same for 2 games, nunchuck, and Wiiremote on a seperate order.

Cheers

Comment

I preordered one at PA on Friday, mere hours before I found out VG+ were getting stock. I kept my VG+ preorder and will be getting a console from them next week (Tues/Wed dispatch)... emailed PA asking them to cancel that order. If I cannot, I'll sell my spare console to my brother.

But getting to the point, my PA order is still due for dispatch on the Monday 20th.
                I ordered about 6:30am UK time on Friday, must have just made it.

Bit of a stressful launch, but I shouldn't complain... getting 2 consoles is better than getting none, even if it's costing me.

Comment

Originally posted by erp
                  so... anyone got even the vaguest idea what the dvdboxoffice situation is?
                  i ordered on 29 September (yeah, kinda late, i know), and received the "Wii Delay Notification" e-mail on 31 October, telling me my order won't be shipped in the first batch. and that's the last i've heard. anyone heard anything different? anyone know more information about the size of their future shipments? has anyone's actually shipped? (and if so, could you possibly post your order date?)
                  I'm finding it very tough to get any information from them about how they're allocating their Wiis.

What I suspect (based on information on this and other forums), is that their Wiis are not being sent out on a first-come, first served basis - but rather, based on some other system - such as the size of the order, or the customer's previous order history. So people who have just signed up to buy a Wii and no games are not given priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence
                    I'm finding it very tough to get any information from them about how they're allocating their Wiis.

What I suspect (based on information on this and other forums), is that their Wiis are not being sent out on a first-come, first served basis - but rather, based on some other system - such as the size of the order, or the customer's previous order history. So people who have just signed up to buy a Wii and no games are not given priority.
                    They haven't, to date, told me how many preorders they took on day 1, how many they've taken overall, how many consoles they've received, when component cables will be available to order and many more, fairly straightforward questions have not been answered........which is why I decided to cancel with them on Friday night, despite ordering on the 21st September.

Also, I guy on AVforums said that he received confirmation of his order shipping tomorrow or Tuesday.....despite him ordering half way through October if my memory serves me correctly.

They are OBVIOUSLY not shipping orders on a first come first served method which is pretty poor IMO.

I'm hopefull my Import Madness orders will ship on Thursday/Friday of this coming week.....

Croc

Comment

croc, yeah, a friend said he reckons they're at the very least prioritising local orders over international ones. and to be honest, as much as the situation pains me, i can kinda agree with them doing that.

hmmm, what's the turnaround on import madness orders like...? when did you order yours, croc?

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty disappointing. Will keep my order for now and give them until the end of November, but will avoid them in future.

Comment

Originally posted by erp
                          croc, yeah, a friend said he reckons they're at the very least prioritising local orders over international ones. and to be honest, as much as the situation pains me, i can kinda agree with them doing that.

hmmm, what's the turnaround on import madness orders like...? when did you order yours, croc?
                          Ordered on the 7th November and through a couple of phone calls and some info from people on here, we've found out that they're expected to ship out by the end of the week.

Apparantly, they've not received that many orders (compared to VG+ and DVDBO anyway)

Comment

damn that's tempting. thanks for the info.

Comment

Got one coming from IM this week and my DVDBO order was updated to preorder pending about a week ago.

Comment

woah steve, some people are just plain greedy!
                                btw, when did you place your dvdbo order?

Comment

Working...
                                X