US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geezer
    They already said they'd update their blog to give us a headsup in advance of opening preorders. Give the poor buggers a break
    I thought they'd update the blog with news, but not necessarily before pre-orders open...

Comment

Originally posted by Crocski
      Ordered my Wii with Zelda from DVDBoxoffice this morning. ?217 including DHL (may need to add ?40 odd on for import duty though), but still a good deal IMO.

I only got a mail from them overnight saying that preorders were open now so that's less than 24hrs they've been taking orders. It all depends on their shipments though I suppose.

BTW, standard Air Mail will take up to 4 weeks for delivery, but anything i've ordered and asked to be shipped via DHL has always been spot on.
      ?3 cheaper than a uk release!! (presuming you have a stepdown and don't get hit by customs) otherwise it could be more expensive

Comment

Earlier in the thread, the email Lyris quoted mentioned a possible count down:

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben
          ?3 cheaper than a uk release!! (presuming you have a stepdown and don't get hit by customs) otherwise it could be more expensive
          Yeah, a bit more expensive but with the guarantee that all games will run in progressive scan and look great on my 42" Panny Plasma

The thing with importing from a place like Lik-Sang (for example), is that they've already admitted that the price of the machines will be inflated plus you still usually get hit with customs.

Comment

tbh i am not that bothered about cost, i just want to get one on launch (a us one at that due to my existing us GC catalog)

Comment

Yeah, but after the savings from buying about 3 US games, it'll have paid for itself...

Not forgetting 99% guaranteed 480p and good release dates...

Comment

Originally posted by Ouenben
                The point of importing is little to do with cost, in fact it's only in recent times that importing being cheaper has been the norm - it's to do with superior product and earlier release dates - with Nintendo, both of these are ( majority of cases ) the norm.

Comment

well said

Comment

Are vg+ setting up a mailing list for people who want first hand news on when they go up for pre order? I dont want to email them with the same old questions that millions of poeple are asking everyday.

I know they are also adding the info when they get it on the blog, but if they tell everyone before they go up for preorder then the preorders will go crazy the minute it goes up!

Comment

Hmmm so i'm guessing if i import a U.S Wii, it won't be compatible with an RGB Scart cable? Owning a nice CRT (not interested in upgrading to HD just yet) will i forced to go down the S Video route if i import?

Comment

Perhaps - there's no way of telling just yet though.

Comment

Maybe. There is a chance the a RGB Scart bought from the UK will work on a US Wii (although this wasn't the case with the US cube).

But you wont be able to buy a scart from US because they dont have scart on TV's outside of Europe.

The French invented the Scart you see!

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                            well, ive found if you pre order with DHL delivery from DVDBO, they are spot on. if you order "from stock" it could take a lifetime. so i have no qualms about preordering anything from them.
                            How about customs for their DHL orders... any ideas?

It's the same price as a UK Wii including shipping - wich is a bit expensive once you factor customs in, but if that isn't an issue...

Comment

Is it right that no matter what with VG+ when they send athe Wii via DHL you will always be asked for tax? I read that sometimes the bill comes weeks after. Not sure how it works.

Comment

But you wont be able to buy a scart from US because they dont have scart on TV's outside of Europe.

The French invented the Scart you see!
                                And Europe can't grow out of it either, because we're still stuck with the goddamn things taking up space on the back of our HDTVs!

Comment

Working...
                                X