No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could always have the games sent separate, I suppose.

Comment

Games separate is a must, not just a supposition.

Comment

makes sense, thats what i did with my 360, definatley get your games shipped seperatley and the charge will be a lot less.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
          LOL. Is 'Nunchuck' the official name?

Perhaps we'll see a nun chucking game where you have to throw nuns.
          Or a game where you are Chuck Norris, secret assignment undercover as a Nun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Pavey
            Just got my DHL import duty bill from my launch 360,bought from VG+.

Never doing that again,buying a console from them.

?70,****ers.
            how much was the original order for ? We can work out what we might get charged on a Wii bundle then

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
              makes sense, thats what i did with my 360, definatley get your games shipped seperatley and the charge will be a lot less.
              So i order the Wii, pay/pre-order the console, then go back and order the games and cables on their own? or would i have to send an email to tell them i want all this stuff shipped seprate?

Comment

Any idea how to order from a US bricks 'n' mortar shop for collection on launch day ? Am thinking of getting one from Nintendo World Store, will i be able to walk in and get one or with i need to reserve one ?

Comment

Originally posted by reektan
                  how much was the original order for ? We can work out what we might get charged on a Wii bundle then
                  I take it they go by size and weight? In which case a premium 360 on its own would cost quite a bit. ( i should know, ive had to take 4 PAL 360's back to Game now)

The Wii is smaller however, so maybe it will be a lot cheaper (fingers crossed)

Comment

Originally posted by Chunky
                    Any idea how to order from a US bricks 'n' mortar shop for collection on launch day ? Am thinking of getting one from Nintendo World Store, will i be able to walk in and get one or with i need to reserve one ?
                    Call 'em first!

I remember in 2004 after the DS launch, I was in New York at the beginning of December. The Pokemon store was the only place that had any DS systems and you could buy them without preordering.

Comment

It depends on supply, i was in new york a day after the 360 launch, and there was zero chance of getting one until after christmas i was told by just about everyone , it just depends on how many units nintendo put out, plus it wont be in demand as much the 360 was in my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
                        it just depends on how many units nintendo put out, plus it wont be in demand as much the 360 was in my thoughts.
                        This console is in demand more than anything, ever. Fortunately Nintendo foresaw that and have around 4million units ready. I still wouldn't be surprised if they sold out everywhere though.

Look at what Link did for GC Soul Calibur II sales.

Comment

I'm really lucky myself because I'll be able to get my american console in the UK completely duty and import tax free.

Before you jump down my throat saying thats impossible. My cousin works for the American Airforce at Milden hall. The base is actually classed as American soil with American electronic goods shops and everything else full of american things, so as soon as they become available at the airbase I'll get him to sned me one up ASAP completely duty and import tax free. Yay me!! Can't wait now though and it was even better whenb he was based in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidFallows
                            This console is in demand more than anything, ever. Fortunately Nintendo foresaw that and have around 4million units ready. I still wouldn't be surprised if they sold out everywhere though.
                            Take from it what you will, but when I called GameStop on Friday, the guy said "we can't take preorders yet because we don't know how many we're getting, but it's gonna be HUUUUUUGE".

Comment

Just got this from VG+

"We are trying to confirm from our suppliers on quantity we will be receiving so until than we're not sure when the preorders will go up. Just check our site or blog for updates. Sorry I don't have better info Thanks"

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy
                                Just got this from VG+

"We are trying to confirm from our suppliers on quantity we will be receiving so until than we're not sure when the preorders will go up. Just check our site or blog for updates. Sorry I don't have better info Thanks"

I hope they get squillions

Comment

Working...
                                X